Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2021, 12:43 PM   #1

Dual Battery

Hey first forum I've ever signed up for. I am picking up my Wolfpup 17jg next weekend and was wondering if anyone has had any luck adding a second battery. Mine is coming with a 27 series but if there is enough room on the rack to put 2 24 series I was going to ask if they would swap it out. If theres not enough room for 2 24 series has anyone had any luck with 2 6 volts? The rack just looks smaller then most other trailers I've seen. Thanks!
fgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgibson View Post
Hey first forum I've ever signed up for. I am picking up my Wolfpup 17jg next weekend and was wondering if anyone has had any luck adding a second battery. Mine is coming with a 27 series but if there is enough room on the rack to put 2 24 series I was going to ask if they would swap it out. If theres not enough room for 2 24 series has anyone had any luck with 2 6 volts? The rack just looks smaller then most other trailers I've seen. Thanks!
Welcome! First post I have ever made on the forum here also.

I have a 2021 Wolf Pup 16PFBL and pulled the 12v marine battery it came with and installed 2-6v Duracell SLIGC115 GC2 batteries in series. I did have to cut the handles off the two individual noco battery boxes to make them fit. Used some 5/16" self-tapping screws to mount the boxes into the angle iron tray.

The wolf pup battery cables were plenty long enough to reach both terminals on the new setup.

I am pretty certain this box would fit without any modifications. https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-Doubl...omotive&sr=1-3
evesdropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evesdropper View Post
Welcome! First post I have ever made on the forum here also.

I have a 2021 Wolf Pup 16PFBL and pulled the 12v marine battery it came with and installed 2-6v Duracell SLIGC115 GC2 batteries in series. I did have to cut the handles off the two individual noco battery boxes to make them fit. Used some 5/16" self-tapping screws to mount the boxes into the angle iron tray.

The wolf pup battery cables were plenty long enough to reach both terminals on the new setup.

I am pretty certain this box would fit without any modifications. https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-Doubl...omotive&sr=1-3
Awesome great to know! Do you think you would of been able to fit another 24 Cycle Marine battery with the battery they gave you for free? I would hate to waste a perfectly good battery. I think the size difference between 2 6 volts and 2 24 series side by side is about a half an inch. The box you linked would perfectly fit 2 according to the specs. I guess I'll just ask them to swap the bigger battery for a smaller one just incase it would fit side by side with another one and if not I'll just try to sell it.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgibson View Post
Awesome great to know! Do you think you would of been able to fit another 24 Cycle Marine battery with the battery they gave you for free? I would hate to waste a perfectly good battery. I think the size difference between 2 6 volts and 2 24 series side by side is about a half an inch. The box you linked would perfectly fit 2 according to the specs. I guess I'll just ask them to swap the bigger battery for a smaller one just incase it would fit side by side with another one and if not I'll just try to sell it.
I honestly didn't even try. My 12v was a group 27 battery. I already had made up my mind to go to the GC2 batteries before I had the camper home. I don't see any reason you could not wire up two group 24 12v batteries in parallel in the same space. the dimensions are the same. Although, I have read the batteries have to be the same age and capacity to get the best results. The battery in mine was some off-brand I had never heard of before. It wont go to waste. It is in the boat now.
evesdropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evesdropper View Post
I honestly didn't even try. My 12v was a group 27 battery. I already had made up my mind to go to the GC2 batteries before I had the camper home. I don't see any reason you could not wire up two group 24 12v batteries in parallel in the same space. the dimensions are the same. Although, I have read the batteries have to be the same age and capacity to get the best results. The battery in mine was some off-brand I had never heard of before. It wont go to waste. It is in the boat now.

Yeah I've heard the same about running them in parallel. If i do end up using the one that comes with it I'll buy a new one right away and hope for the best. And I literally just had to buy a new battery for my boat the end of last season or I'd do the same.

Tags
battery