Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2017, 10:32 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
If you select the wrong HMDI source it will show up in B/W...
?????

If you select the wrong HDMI source nothing will show up. If you plug something in HDMI 1 and you pick HDMI 2, then theres no picture or sound

This post is wrong info, sorry
spidey1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #22

Just go buy a cheap Blu Ray player. The cost of them now over a regular DVD is peanuts, and then you can play both DVDs and Blu Rays.

If you do that then you will have an HDMI output, which will carry both audio and video. Less cables cluttering things up and the best picture you can get for an RV
spidey1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
The best a DVD player can put out is 480i unless it up samples and it really isn't actually any better...why would composite video really make it any worse since that is the max resolution of composite video?
Ahhh resolution isn't everything. Image quality is lost when combining video components.

S-Video signal and Composite signal have the same resolution but the S-Video quality is better since the color(C) and luminescence(Y) signals are not combined.

Component video can carry higher resolution and higher picture quality by doing less combining. The sync(S)+luminescence(Y) are on the green wire (the reason why you get a black-and-white picture on the green connector when connecting it to a composite output) and no, the green wire doesn't actually carry the green color. The blue wire carries the difference between the blue color and Y, the red wire carries the difference between the red color and Y. The remainder produces the green color.

Component video can output higher res like 1080i but it will not look nearly as clear as 1080i on a full bandwidth system (where Red, Green, Blue and the Syncs (HV) are separated (like a Computer monitor)).

'17: 42
'18: 25
Dan_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1972 View Post
Just go buy a cheap Blu Ray player. The cost of them now over a regular DVD is peanuts, and then you can play both DVDs and Blu Rays.
Best answer yet.

I pretty much never buy DVDs anymore...just BluRay. BluRay is Hi Def and DVD's are not.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_M View Post
S-Video signal and Composite signal have the same resolution but the S-Video quality is better since the color(C) and luminescence(Y) signals are not combined.
Ugghhh...you are of course correct...In my mind, I thought you said component video and you did say composite. Yes, composite video would make it look horrible.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1972 View Post
?????

If you select the wrong HDMI source nothing will show up. If you plug something in HDMI 1 and you pick HDMI 2, then theres no picture or sound

This post is wrong info, sorry

You are partially correct. I misspoke.

The wrong input source on Tv. With a Furrion and Drive system watching DVD you can get B/W picture with sound on wrong inputs. How do I know? Had to fix for kids.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4337.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	153559
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4338.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	153560
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote