Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2020, 08:50 AM   #21

I have a related issue pertaining to windows. I have a Rockwood Signature Ultralight 8329SS. The bedroom is in the front of the camper and the "front" window has the stone shield or whatever it's called that swings up to expose the windows which are non-operating, as in there are no screens and they do not open. I think this is the strangest thing as if the windows would have screens, we would get the best ventilation other than the two dinky side windows in the slide-out that only open about 4 inches. Anyone convert the front windows so they actually work?
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:38 AM   #22

Screen for emergency window

Our Forester 3051S MH has a emergency exit in the bedroom that is a window that is hinged at the top and a red handled latch at the bottom. I constructed a screen from a kit that I got on Amazon (very easy) that fit within the frame of the window. I cut a square out for the latch and made a velcroed patch piece of screen to cover the hole. I use a stick to hold the window open. Works like a charm!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200918_083223.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	606.0 KB
ID:	239409  
Mikejfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:10 AM   #23

https://www.recpro.com/rv-exit-window/

Two sizes. My trailer has the smaller one. Replacing with the larger one might be a worthwhile upgrade. H'mmmm . . . . .
yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:10 PM   #24

Smile Emergency Window in Bedroom

We have a rear bedroom with an emergency window. I was afraid to open it, ever. We had a fantastic fan installed to provide extra ventilation. But that wasn't enough. My husband has opened the window and stuck a piece of wood in it to prop it open. We didn't have a screen so that isn't an option for me. He put screen mesh over the window, but it didn't provide enough of a seal for my liking. This past week, we finally came up with a solution, while camping. We took the screws out of most of the frame (top and sides) and slid screen mesh between the frame and wall. We sliced the screen at the sides just above where the levers would reach when opening the window and allowed extra mesh for the bottom, clipping to make the corners fit. We put adhesive velcro from the side slits down the sides and bottom of the frame and firmly pressed it into both the frame and then made sure the screen was tight and added another piece of velcro around the corners. Everything stayed tight and secure. I only had to loosen the bottom portion to close the window and then secured the screen back along the bottom. Works great.
popuptrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:32 PM   #25

Our 2006 Flagstaff bedroom emergency window has screen and opens well for air flow. Biggest issue in using the window for escape will be the drop to the ground (about 7-8 feet). Figure broken bone maybe better than burning alive!
Old 09-21-2020, 08:59 AM   #26

Thank you for the responses but the window I am referring to in my Rockwood is not an emergency window it is just a non-working window behind the stone shield. Again, just surprises me that the most obvious window for ventilation doesn't open?
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:50 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlson View Post
Thank you for the responses but the window I am referring to . . . . .
I would think that all of the responses here were related to the original posters issue and questions. If you want answers to your particular issue you would be better off starting your own thread instead of hijacking this one.
yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlson View Post
Thank you for the responses but the window I am referring to in my Rockwood is not an emergency window it is just a non-working window behind the stone shield. Again, just surprises me that the most obvious window for ventilation doesn't open?
Actually as I think about it having that window to be able to open would invite serious problems with leaking going down the road. JMHO Not to mention the problems should a person forget to close it and start down the road.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, roo, window