Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #1

Extreme cold weather Wolfpup

Hey all just wanted to let y’all know that I’ve spent the last week camping in Minnesota with my wolfpup. Windchill lows from -30 ambient temps around -5. The camper is winterized of course but it has been awesome. We’ve been camped out at the in laws over Christmas (house full of people so we brought our own house) anyway we’ve burned about 35lbs of LP and augment the furnace with a sunbeam oil heater. The camper has stayed 70-74. I cut cardboard to fit over the windows and just put the shades down to hold the cardboard tight. I couldn’t be more impressed with a trailer that wasn’t built for the cold. I wouldn’t worry about cold weather camping again.
05foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #2

I haven't had my wolf pup in Zub-Zero temps camping, but have camped in about 20 degrees last winter with it. Held a good temp with just a small electric fan heater. I found if I use the propane to heat it up first, the small fan heater will keep it at a reasonable temperature.

How was condensation? Thats always been my issue, and I hate loosing the heat leaving a vent open.
K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #3

Why do I have visions of Cousin Eddie"????
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Why do I have visions of Cousin Eddie"????
Cause he’s awesome!!

The windows were froze up. No vents open. There was plenty of fresh air rolling in if the furnace were to start dumping carbon monoxide. We also picked up a battery operated CO monitor I put on the floor.
05foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:49 PM   #5

Thanks for the information. We are wanting to buy a small trailer & the Wolf Pup as well as the Rpod are two we are considering.
okies2oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by okies2oz View Post
Thanks for the information. We are wanting to buy a small trailer & the Wolf Pup as well as the Rpod are two we are considering.

Regarding the wolf pup and R-pod... How tall are you? If you are 6' or more then you won't enjoy sleeping in the R-pod unless you hog the bed and sleep at an angle. The RPod is on a few inches longer then 6' on the inside while the bed in the Pup can be stretched to 6'-8" if you remove the headboard. I did that and added a full queen mattress to replace the shorter RV queen. No more sleeping problems.
1201alarm is offline   Reply With Quote