Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2019, 09:52 PM   #1

Finally brought our 29TE home, now the nesting begins

We bought our 2019 Grey Wolf 29TE during the Minneapolis RV show, Trading in our "starter Camper" a 2006 Outback 28KRS. So the Nesting (as my wife calls it) and managing expectations have begun.

So far I installed the Furrion rear view and side view cameras. Magnetic door latches on the cargo doors, new shank on the weight distribution hitch, dedicated outlet on the shop for the camper. My wife has started planning the storage.

Managing expectations. This trailer has a lot of great options for the price point so I realize it's not going to be perfect. Warranty items I am going to go to the dealer so far are, badly warped outdoor kitchen door, so bad it will not latch or lock properly, a water house extending from the under belly (not a low point drain), and the bathroom to bedroom door has to be slammed (hard) to latch.

Gripes. Too much paint chipping on the trailer frame. As is I will repaint the cargo holder out back, and spots on the trailer frame. Sealing some of the appliances (water heater for example) left gaps plenty large enough for water to get into the camper. Many of the exterior fasteners look like they were installed on a Friday before a holiday.

Future mods. rebuilding dividers in storage to maximize space and accessibility. slides on dinet drawers. three way valve on pump suction for winterizing. carbon and particulate filter on trailer frame for water. max air vent cover.

Too many kids, too much debt, not enough booze.
Kelvininin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:34 AM   #2

Wow. I just got a 29TE too. First trip today. Your experience and “to do” list sounds exactly like mine.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #3

29TE

I'm looking at the 29TEs for our first trailer. How are you guys feeling about the F150 pulling that size of trailer? I'm concerned we will buy too much trailer for our F150 to perform.
ringca13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:00 AM   #4

My F150 3.5 EB pulls it with no problems. I’ve taken it from NJ to Fla a couple of times. The mileage does go from about 20 normally to 12 with no kayaks on cap or 10 with the kayaks on cap.