Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #21
Carknocker Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
If you read "ALL of POST # 1" I see Reduced chance of Issues! They better have EXTRA Park Patrol to Issue "Tickets" for the Campers who "Didn't read the Second Part"! Youroo!!
Ya second part wasn't on there when I replied the first time.
As long as designated areas, will be much more manageable.
Party on Dude!
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida Ratherbe Camping View Post
Ya second part wasn't on there when I replied the first time.
As long as designated areas, will be much more manageable.
Party on Dude!
My Apologies on that one.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Its a shame for the pets and our vets that like to get away to a semi quiet place to relax and some Wingnut has to set off fireworks!
Oh man. Come on!

It's also a shame when those of us without pets have to listen to yours barking at each other and crapping on my site. Sorry.......I love dogs, but dogs make noise at every campground, year round. Fireworks are annual and meant to be a display of Freedom and Fun in America. So I could just as easily make my comment as you can yours. ..... Which I wouldn't have made till you did.

P.S.
I'm a vet..........

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:56 AM   #24

I posted before the original was edited but my opinion remains the same. IMHO too much potential for issues and just not something that is in the spirit of State Park camping
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:10 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Oh man. Come on!

It's also a shame when those of us without pets have to listen to yours barking at each other and crapping on my site. Sorry.......I love dogs, but dogs make noise at every campground, year round. Fireworks are annual and meant to be a display of Freedom and Fun in America. So I could just as easily make my comment as you can yours. ..... Which I wouldn't have made till you did.

P.S.
I'm a vet..........
Very valid points on both sides, I just hope that park officials will monitor closely and to prevent those...that don't believe in "rules" from ruining it for all.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:14 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Very valid points on both sides, I just hope that park officials will monitor closely and to prevent those...that don't believe in "rules" from ruining it for all.
I believe in some rules. Some are required. I also believe most folks will self police their own rules. And if someone is a nutbag, then as you say, they should be made to be held in check. But that's not everyone shooting fireworks on a single day or two......and that seems to be the implication.........that just because someone MIGHT act crazy, let's have total restriction. That is all that I'm against.

And I'm out.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:28 AM   #27

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Total ban is what is required. I owned a seasonal site and the park had a strict no fireworks policy. The owners paid for and produced a professional display over the pond out of the way of harm. They attended training, limited beer consumption themselves and no issues. With dry conditions this is safest, they have cancelled Victoria Day and Canada Day backup only to do Labour Day due to dry weather.

Also Apple Pie is from England, we eat it too in the colonies!
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:32 AM   #28

That I go along with. Nothing wrong with a controlled display. Too many out there think they are Entitled to do as they please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Total ban is what is required. I owned a seasonal site and the park had a strict no fireworks policy. The owners paid for and produced a professional display over the pond out of the way of harm. They attended training, limited beer consumption themselves and no issues.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #29
I Break Everything

What's the point of that. It usually accompanies lots of beer drinking. Great, now you get to deal with drunks. Drunks are usually the most rational people.

I can hardly wait to see the fire rings and pits now following the 4th and New Years. Lots of people leave half burned and not burned trash in them already. I'm sure a few FIREworks in the fire pit, that didn't go off won't hurt anything in the next campfire.

I grew up a rural area in Texas. Certain fireworks are outlawed here. After seeing fields burning to nothing after using fire works first hand and seeing houses burned down because something landed on the roof... This isn't a smart idea.

That one, park ranger or high school teenager at their summer job, are they going to police that mess?

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:05 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel68 View Post
What's the point of that. It usually accompanies lots of beer drinking. Great, now you get to deal with drunks. Drunks are usually the most rational people.

I can hardly wait to see the fire rings and pits now following the 4th and New Years. Lots of people leave half burned and not burned trash in them already. I'm sure a few FIREworks in the fire pit, that didn't go off won't hurt anything in the next campfire.

I grew up a rural area in Texas. Certain fireworks are outlawed here. After seeing fields burning to nothing after using fire works first hand and seeing houses burned down because something landed on the roof... This isn't a smart idea.

That one, park ranger or high school teenager at their summer job, are they going to police that mess?
Not to mention the ER visits............................................ .

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:03 PM   #31
Just as confused as you

The only concern I have is all the Veterans with PTSD. I know that they may be careful as to where they camp but that doesn't take into account the ones which may have a delayed reaction. I knew a Vietnam vet who went to one of those ranges with all kinds of military weapons going at the same time and it triggered (sorry, no pun intended) his PTSD. This happened 11 years after he came home. Sadly, he took his own life a year later.
Camping since 1989
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Everyone gets confused at some time, some are better at hiding it than others.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:04 PM   #32

wow! come out to the west. the forests and campgrounds are closed! the fire danger is just too great. no open fires of any type allowed even at home. only thing allowed is propane in a proper device. we've had too many fires already and the season is just starting. all you have to do is watch the smoke and flames from a wildfire as it burns near you property to make an opinion. i'm glad other areas of the country can allow it. just don't do it out west!
Old 06-24-2018, 12:39 PM   #33

1. Dealing with people
2. People are stupid.
3. Murphy's law definitely applies..
tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #34

I had a bowling experience that would explain why I wouldn’t want fireworks in areas with the general public. I had people next to running up next bowlers who are concentrating and preparing to bowl , I politely showed them the bowling edicate rules posted on every lane. The reply was what about the kids? I had to inform them that were in charge of the kids!
I live near Yosemite and the counties around here have total fireworks bans. Makes since to me.
aircommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #35
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
wow! come out to the west. the forests and campgrounds are closed! the fire danger is just too great. no open fires of any type allowed even at home. only thing allowed is propane in a proper device. we've had too many fires already and the season is just starting. all you have to do is watch the smoke and flames from a wildfire as it burns near you property to make an opinion. i'm glad other areas of the country can allow it. just don't do it out west!
X2!!! Last year the Pacific Northwest from OR, WA, ID, MT, BC and up into AK were consumed by wildfires started by STUPID people doing STUPID things. The smoke plumes lasted for weeks. Absolute burn-bans and closed parks were the result. Sorry, but the 4th of July was not meant to destroy public or personal property!
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:03 PM   #36

I see nothing wrong with fireworks being allowed for one day in areas with no fire restrictions.

I try to be a considerate camper. I have also camped next to cranky (usually older) campers who complain about everything anybody else does. Especially on holidays when everyone has to tolerate more people than usual.

If any camping area allows fireworks, and you don't like other people using them, then don't be there.

If you are anywhere on the 4th of July, and will not tolerate legal fireworks, then you will be 'that cranky old fart'.

Happy Independence Day! I will be setting off legal fireworks in a legal area, but not near an RV park, as there are too many cranky old farts out there. I expect to get no sleep that night even though I will stop at 10pm, as I know others will not. Just part of the deal for this one night......
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:05 PM   #37

Adolescents and drunks with explosives, what in the world could go wrong? Shessh!

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Adolescents and drunks with explosives, what in the world could go wrong? Shessh!
Everybody fits in these two categories? Sheesh!
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:13 PM   #39

No to fireworks

When it burns a hole in your roof and truck paint job you will vote no to fireworks in parks.
milton_w_herron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:15 PM   #40

Loud rap music and barking dogs

Now they want fireworks. Why not just sell beer and pot at the parks too.
milton_w_herron is offline   Reply With Quote