Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2016, 08:38 PM   #1

First time RV owner of a Cherokee 274VFK TV question

So new to the forums and ecited to take delivery. I Just picked out my first rv model 274VFK It has an main Faux Rock wall with a tv mount. Now I have been trying to figure out what size tv can be installed. When at dealer they had a 40" hanging on the wall, but not sure the what the weight of the tv should be. I have looked at tvs from 32-40 and most weight from 10-22 lbs. Trying to see if anyone has a like trailer model and that has installed tv or advise on what weight the mount can hold.... Thanks for any response
Catman5906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:21 PM   #2
CP3

Congrats on your purchase. I have a 274dbh but I think the faux rock setup and mount are the same. I have a 39" LED Vizio that fits great on the mount. I have no idea how much the tv weighs but it's fairly light. I would think you could fit a 40" but not much bigger because you need room to maneuver the tv onto the mount. And I've found once you go bigger than 40" you need a different mount than the supplied 100 x 100 that comes with it. Hope that helps.
CP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:49 PM   #3

Thanks, I was hoping I could put a 39 or 40" without any issues
Old 10-20-2016, 09:57 PM   #4

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered as you have found out
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman5906 View Post
So new to the forums and ecited to take delivery. I Just picked out my first rv model 274VFK It has an main Faux Rock wall with a tv mount. Now I have been trying to figure out what size tv can be installed. When at dealer they had a 40" hanging on the wall, but not sure the what the weight of the tv should be. I have looked at tvs from 32-40 and most weight from 10-22 lbs. Trying to see if anyone has a like trailer model and that has installed tv or advise on what weight the mount can hold.... Thanks for any response
We have a 2015 Cherokee 274VFK. You're going to enjoy it! As for the Television on the faux stone wall, I''m presuming the floor plan is the same as ours. We put a 32" television on the faux wall. We have found that anything much larger and you run the risk of brushing against it as you (or a guest) goes into the washroom. - Kathie
Quilter3446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilter3446 View Post
We have a 2015 Cherokee 274VFK. You're going to enjoy it! As for the Television on the faux stone wall, I''m presuming the floor plan is the same as ours. We put a 32" television on the faux wall. We have found that anything much larger and you run the risk of brushing against it as you (or a guest) goes into the washroom. - Kathie
I talked with DH about the weight on the bracket. The weight on the television won''t be a problem for the bracket. Once you select the television, you may have to adapt the bracket. The one mounted in our trailer was made for a smaller television. Husband says it was pretty easy fix. - Kathie
Old 10-21-2016, 01:52 PM   #7

Thank you very much for all the info.... this is a great forum and everyone is very nice and helpful..... can't wait to get out and do some camping!
Old 03-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #8

So sorry for bringing back an old thread, but...

My BF and I are purchasing the same model in a few weeks and I've been wondering that exact same question with regards to a TV on that faux wall. Good information to know!

How do you like the 274VFK so far? Have you been able to take it out much?
Jadenala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #9

I've got a 26DBH with the same TV mount on the stone wall. We had been taking it down for travel every time we moved anyways, so I stopped attaching it to the wall and just have the TV set on its factory base on the entertainment center ledge. The entire base fits up there with nothing hanging off. If that TV ever dies, we'll be able to upsize the TV if we keep doing it that way.

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadenala View Post
So sorry for bringing back an old thread, but...

My BF and I are purchasing the same model in a few weeks and I've been wondering that exact same question with regards to a TV on that faux wall. Good information to know!

How do you like the 274VFK so far? Have you been able to take it out much?
We love the 274VFK. I really like the kitchen location, having it up front gives a lot more open space in the living space. We've not taken it out as much as we'd hoped, DH had shoulder surgery last year. Now that he's healed, we're just waiting for warmer weather! Hope you enjoy yours as much!

Tags
cherokee, first time