Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2015, 04:48 PM   #1

First Time RV owners!!

Hello, my husband and I just bought our very first RV!!!! We got the 2015 Grey Wolf 25RL. He is really wanting to put a 32 in tv in the RV. I am not so sure if it can handle that size tv either in the living area or in the bedroom. The manual doesnt really seem to cover this. I would love for him to have it without having to "rig" a way to have it in there and compromise the brand new RV. (He likes to try to do these things!!). Can anyone say if a 32 inch will fit and if the Rv can actually hold it?
harpo029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Welcome! Sorry I'm not familiar with your type of RV. I have added two TV's (44" and a 32") in our fifth wheel. I used a standard stud finder and mounted a flat screen bracket to the interior wall. I predrilled the studs i the wall and used short fat screws #12 screw 3/4" long. If you need help with any modifications theirs more than enough help around here.

&
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #3

From photos I have seen it looks like there is a TV mount installed above the dinette. A 32" may be a little large for that mount and you may have to change the mount to one that will allow the TV to swing away from the cabinets on the side wall (next to the radio) in order for a 32" to fit. I have a 29" TV in my living room area and a 17" in the bedroom. If you change mounts be sure to get one that will allow you to remove the TV during travel. TTs bounce around a lot and need to be secured. I lay our TVs on the bed face down during travel.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #4

Welcome to the club, may your bank account forever have funding for the new lifestyle.
NavySailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:03 AM   #5

Thanks for the info!! And amen the the padded bank account!!! I did convince him to hold off on a 32 inch for now!! Our main use right now is that he does travel nursing and this was our best option for him to have a place to stay during his assignments since they r only 3 months at a time. Once we have the capital we will definitely be looking into accessorizing more!!!
Old 02-09-2015, 03:52 PM   #6

So we camp for long weekends monthly since May 2013 & have only turned on our TV once (important football game!) .... if not living in the unit get outside & meet the neighbors... great conversations & even better tips on where to camp next!

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #7

While I'm not familiar with your particular unit, I can say that my camper came with a tv mount already installed (inside and out) - PAW I believe is the type, and it's designed to allow the TV to slide down on to the mount and quickly and easily be picked up off the mount to change locations.

The mount is designed for up to a 32" LCD TV. A 32" LED will be lighter than the smaller LCDs (usually). The problem you'll run in to with a 32" is the bolt pattern on the back of the TV will not line up with the bolt pattern for the mounting bracket.

You SHOULD be able to add an after-market home style wall mount for a 32" TV and be ok. Just make sure you find the stud when adding it.

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:52 PM   #8

Well he did settle for the 19" in the living room area and was able to put a 24" in the bedroom. He is happy with these now and we will work in upgrades later. The mount may have held a 32" but there was not enough space in the area for one. And he is living out of it while doing travel nursing contracts so he will be watching a good bit of tv in it.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #9

The mounts are pretty strong and new tv is prob lighter than the "free" one that came w the trailer. Mine is a heavy Colby or some other junk. That said u can prob hang anything. I just would not travel with any of them hanging on. I always take it down and lay it on the bed. Very easy with the PAW mounts.

2015 Nights Camped 32
2014 Nights Camped 21
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
2014 Cherokee 304 BH
Goose killer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time