Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2016, 11:57 AM   #1

First trip! 26dbh

My trip was going smooth had the TT ready to roll we left home got to site at about 2:30 my wife and 2 month old baby are sitting in the truck with the AC while I get the trailer set and plugged in I jump and and the fridge starts no prob go to turn on ac nothing check breakers not tripped turn breaker off then on nothing now I'm pissed I call the service department where I purchased my trailer they did not want to help just said to bring it back down so they could look at it I'm and pissed at this point and told them this is a 2017 the damn thing better work blah blah blah In the mean time my wife gold FR. Service and they where very helpful we went through step by step but still couldn't find the issue the man said he would call me back he had to ask another mechanic for some advice in waiting I pulled the filter screen off and the first thing I see is a littlw plug that is not completely connected so I push it in and wow the fan started to blow could air just at that time FR service call me back and said to pop down the screen and look for loose connections. Problem solved outside of a rocky start we had an awesome time In iur TT and my baby boy seems to have loved his first camping experience!!!
Can't wait to go again

In closing thank you FR for being there to help when the service department at the local dealer could have cared less!!!
Drewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:09 PM   #2
Trailering noob.

Thats great it was a simple fix, sorta crappy that the dealer didn't care. I've had to call my dealer about a few different things and they've been helpful, they're just over an hour away so that makes it difficult to take it in for service.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #3

Glad you got it squared away! The first shake-down trip is rarely smooth.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:29 PM   #4

Yup and we enjoyed it so much we are going back out this weekend lol I love having a 4-10 work schedule it allows for little weekend warrior trips haha
Drewb is offline   Reply With Quote