Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
glsimms, you're approximately right. The Optional Protection Plan does not apply to Coachmen, Shasta, and Prime Time products or to motorized RVs. Other Forest River towable lines are covered.

Here are links to the application form and coverage information and to the pricing data:

Application / Coverage Information:
http://forestriverfrog.com/…/Optional-Protect-Plan-TTFW-App…
Pricing Information:
http://forestriverfrog.com/…/Optional-Protect-Plan-TTFW-Pri…
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
"Forest River offers a 1 year factory warranty. I don’t offer a 2nd year, through the manufacturer."

I'm too ignorant on Coachman, but assuming that FR does provide the 2nd year warranty, then I'd say this is a cleverly worded sentence. It's absolutely correct as written. But fails to mention you can get FR's 2nd year warranty through FR.

[When I read this sentence, I pictured those 2 sleazy lawyers in the Hupy and Abraham commercials writing it! ]

And, coming from CW, I'm inclined to believe FR does provide the 2nd yr warranty.
Guess I have to eat a little crow here. But the sentence should have said,

"Coachman doesn't offer a 2nd year warranty."

It would have been much more accurate and helpful.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:43 PM   #22

Bought our TT last August, was not offered or told about FR 2nd year warranty. We knew going in we would buy the big extended 5 year warranty. Cost us an extra $1995.00. Reading the fine print it only covers the major appliances, none of the little things. We would have bought the 2nd year FR warranty if we knew about, and we still would have bought the 5 year deal too. All we wanted was peace of mind. I'm sure I can handle the small stuff, any thing else I will leave to them. Sure there have been some issues from the start, but everything is being handled to our complete satisfaction. They even found things we missed. It was been a total pleasure the way they have given us the service after the sale. We are very thankful that we shopped around at our local and other near by dealerships. We ended up right where we began, at our very local dealership. Their no pressure sales, and out right friendly attitude and concern that we bought what WE wanted was a great experience start to finish. And Forest River has done an outstanding job with all our warranty repairs. I hope to never need the extended warranty, and get all the faults worked out in the first year. Having said all that, if I were to do it again I'd most likely just buy the 2nd year FR warranty and skip the rest. Hindsight is wonderful, but I'm not upset over it. I feel like we lucked out buying what we did and where we did. Can't say that about very many places today. I am the blind squirrel that found the big fat meaty acorn. Treat what you get well and it should do the same back to you.Buy it, use it, care for it, enjoy it, and don't sweat it if and when something goes wrong. There is surely more good than bad, think more on the good, you'll be a lot happier.
Jack Larson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty