Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #1

Fresh water leak issues in a 2012 Greywolf 27BKHS

We bought our 2012 Greywolf 27BKHS a year ago, and have had nothing but problems with it. We had only gotten to camp 4 days in it last year in because of work schedule. While winterizing it last year in October, found the flexible water line drain underneath the sink/stove area had come apart from the solid PVC sink drain and antifreeze leaking everywhere on floor under the slide. They "repaired" the connection which was only to reconnect the flex line to the PVC drain in the dealer lot and finished winterizing at the dealer. Upon bringing camper home from a heated storage, I opened and de-winterizing in May 2013, again I heard water running loudly from under slide, found the same flex drain line had came apart and was leaking. Returned it to dealer, they replaced short flex line with longer drain line and cut a slightly larger hole for flex line to the Grey water tank to accommodate the slide.
Our 1st official trip of 2013 we went out 2 weeks ago to our CG, mid morning of the 2nd day, we noticed water dripping from underneath camper near the backside wheel well area, I quickly shut water off and looked inside from rear storage area and found water STANDING behind and underneath the Fridge area. We immediately contacted dealer and set up appt. for repairs. Trip back to dealer for repairs, which was found to be a faulty broken water line connector somewhere from wall to pump, and after waiting 2 weeks for factory replacement parts, they returned camper to us on Sat. July 6 partially unrepaired, as they are awaiting parts for wood trim repairs from water damage. Service manager assured us 3 times that the trailer "WILL NEVER LEAK" in that area again! Guess what, after fine tune leveling it this afternoon (July 7th), the water was spilling from under the trailer AGAIN...looked in cargo storage and was soaking wet yet again behind the pump and under fridge area....Not to mention the Jensen touch screen DVD/Receiver sound system that works when it wants to, yesterday morning the speakers just stop working 5 minutes into a movie, looked in the basic 6 page manual and found the "reset" button, had to reset it 4 times and plugged my phone into the AUX port and heard music over speakers so it has to be an internal malfunction as the manual said exactly what to do if touch screen locks up....Thank goodnes we had already contacted our attorney last week after getting nowhere with the dealership repairs in a timely manner and will be trading or requesting a buyout and payoff from our loan on this camper... WE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAMPER WITH WATER AND SINK SLIDE AGAIN.
IllinoisCamperCpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #2

The dealer has now repaired 2 different leaks twice each, and picked ours up this morning. After following the dealer's driver to the exit gate of our CG, the trailer was still continuing to drain water from rear of camper, so I had DW who was leading flag the driver to stop and look to see exactly how much water was coming out of the trailer, he was astounded at the amount that was still held inside somewhere. The Factory rep. called and spoke with DW this morning and asked about dealer information as she had spoken with factory a week ago, according to the Rep. the dealer has NOT requested any factory replacement parts for our trailer that was told to us had been ordered June 29th. Now the factory wants our dealer to deliver said trailer to the factory before any other work is done so see exactly what has gone wrong. Dealer service manager said it must be one heck of an issue as factory has never asked them to return a trailer prior to a warranty repair. Worse part is that we have paid good money out for a CG membership and lot space, that we now aren't able to use unless we throw a tent up and camp. Would have been nice if the dealership would have been nice enough to at least offer us a loaner to use while everything is on hold with our trailer.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Site Team

I feel your pain!!!!! Some dealers / techs dont like to spend "time" on warranty work. Not much money in for them. So they put on a band-aid and hope the customer dont pay attentions to the workmanship.
You can add a fridge to your slide out commit as mine defrost on the floor.
Dealer has it now. Mine has spent more time in the dealers garage then my driveway. I love my lacrosse ,, but there is no pride in workmanship at the factory or the shop. Or at least it doesnt show.Its hurry up get it done.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #4

UPDATE>>>> We got our camper back FINALLY today from the factory and their "quality" repairs as quoting the factory rep....Factory was supposed to have according to the repair sheet ...replaced floor deck, replaced linoleum, replaced cabinet faces damaged by water, replaced insulation damaged by water....From what I saw so far, it looks like Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles both worked on the camper. Side panel cover on refrigerator has more holes from staple/nail gun than a pack of Swiss cheese, it was NEVER replaced, they hid the pump with a larger piece of paneling so you can't see behind the pump and under the fridge, I will be removing it for closer inspection...I have yet to figure out how they replaced anything, yet nothing looks any better than it did before it went to the factory. Huge piles of sawdust and metal shavings underneath the edge of kitchen cabinet's when the slide was opened. Opened the rear cargo bay under the bunks, found more sawdust and wood chips. AND to top it all off, they sent the camper back without the marine cord that was inside the camper when it went back to the factory!!!!
As a "good faith" freebie, they installed a slide topper, and upgraded Jensen stereo system....the original touch screen stereo/dvd player worked when it wanted to and then couldn't get inside speakers to work from day to day.
I guess we start on round 2 with the factory.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
Site Team

geeessshh... good luck hope it all works out!
let me know how it goes

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #6

UPDATE>>>>> After arguing with head factory Manager who controls ALL of the Grey Wolf lline, we finally were given the go ahead to return to our dealer, and pick out a NEW trailer comparable with ours, or take a check for fair trade value and sign off releasing the factory for any additional factory repairs and trade it elsewhere. We returned to our dealer and found a 2013 Cherokee, only to be told by the owner of the dealership that beings it was a step up in trailer class we would have to add an additional $3900 to trade into it, even though the trailer was on sale for less that what our own camper was sold for. His reasoning was that it was a "dealer to dealer" wholesale price so it couldn't be done without extra cash out of our pocket. We had 5 Grey Wolf's on the lot to pick from and traded into a 2013 Grey Wolf 29DSFB straight up, no additional cash out of pocket. Factory actually gave us $3000 in good faith trade beings our camper was practically new and reimbursed us our $1000 CG fee's. They delivered our new camper Aug. 23rd and we have had no issues what so ever other than the keyless entry module acting up, which is a non issue to us as we always carry our keys. All in all the experience has left a lasting negative impression on us even with the factory replacement trade...Will definitely be thinking twice about Forest River products next time.