Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2017, 01:40 PM   #1

Grey Wolf 23mk

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good place to get owner feedback on the Grey Wolf 23mk. I've searched this forum but cannot find mention of them. Specifically, I wonder do they do trailering and parking as they seem to have low ground clearance and I worry about tree root, potholes, etc. Also, I think I only found 2 heater vents in the model we saw and I want to know if that is true and whether the electric fireplace is suppose to make up the difference in heating. What are you suppose to do dry camping? Any information would be appreciated.
Ladyhawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:52 PM   #2

We have the 2017 greywolf 23 mk, it does'nt have the fireplace. Only 2 vents for the furnace. we have only used it once for about 15 minutes. we use a space heater mostly. Great trailer so far. Only minor issues that I fixed myself.
vp22er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:49 PM   #3

We have a 2018 Grey Wolf 23mk and just ended our first summer season camping with a TT. No problem with ground clearance. We also used a space heater mostly, but when we used the furnace we were PLENTY warm with just two vents. Sweet camper although both doors opening into the bathroom (tight space) and being separated from the bedroom while someone was using the bathroom took some getting used to!
wrsees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #4

i don't suppose......

hi guys, my wife and I just bought a 2018 23mk about 3 weeks ago. Drove it straight from the dealer to a local park for 2 nights. Love the camper and the layout (kids are grown and we don't have any grandkids). Didn't need the furnace at night, but ran the fireplace for about 5 mins in the morning to cut the chill.
Does anybody happen to know the coupler height when the trailer is sitting level? I'm trying to double check my Equalizer hitch setup (and avoid driving out to the storage facility where the trailer is parked).
thanks,
Mitch in MN
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #5

Congratulations on your 2018 23MK

My wife and I also purchased a 2018 23MK in January. We have not picked up ours until a few months. We are waiting for the snow to melt a bit.
As far as leveling the trailer for the equalizer hitch, you can measure at the tires when the unit is loaded from the ground to the Red Stripe. Then measure from the Red Stripe to ground both in front and back to verify the height. Remember that the trailer height at the storage location will not be the same as when it is loaded with your stuff. The trailer will be lower, so best be done before you leave for your next trip.

Question for you, looking for information on the wiring diagrams for the trailer, the camera that can be put into the back of the trailer, and how the "Solar Panel Ready" connection is integrated into the trailer. I want to put in a portable solar panel but I also have a portable generator. Can I run both generator and solar panel together?

Thanks in advance for any comments,
Rick & Angie Edison
2018 Grey Wolf 23MK
2017 Ford F250 Super Duty
RickEdison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:57 PM   #6

This is our first TT, so the generator and solar question is beyond my knowledge base at this stage of the game. Search the site threads, I've seen a lot of generator and solar threads. Thanks for thoughts on the hitch as well. My storage lot isn't level, so I plan on loading the TT up in the spring and rechecking all the measurements for the WDH in our church parking lot.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:55 AM   #7

Great to see some reviews

My wife and i just purchased a 23MK as well, factory order so will be a few weeks.
Anyone used the back travel rack for a bike rack? Looking to see what i need to add to carry the bikes on that rack.
Considering using some kind of fork-mount from a roof rack mount system.
Anyone have any experience?

Thanks

Mike Fox
mgfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgfox View Post
My wife and i just purchased a 23MK as well, factory order so will be a few weeks.
Anyone used the back travel rack for a bike rack? Looking to see what i need to add to carry the bikes on that rack.
Considering using some kind of fork-mount from a roof rack mount system.
Anyone have any experience?

Thanks

Mike Fox
I actually bought a set of these this winter to bolt onto the cargo carrier and haul bikes. Unfortunately I can't tell you if it works because the TT is still under a foot of snow and I haven't tried them out.
Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bike rack.PNG
Views:	222
Size:	406.1 KB
ID:	163714  
Old 03-01-2018, 09:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillMitch View Post
I actually bought a set of these this winter to bolt onto the cargo carrier and haul bikes. Unfortunately I can't tell you if it works because the TT is still under a foot of snow and I haven't tried them out.
Good luck.
Can you share where you got these and how they hold the bikes in place? I also want to figure out an effective way to put my bike on our Cherokee 274VFK back rack. Thanks! Wendy
wrsees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsees View Post
Can you share where you got these and how they hold the bikes in place? I also want to figure out an effective way to put my bike on our Cherokee 274VFK back rack. Thanks! Wendy
I picked mine up at Campers World for about $25. They are actually made for a specific cargo rack, but I figured washers and different bolt sizes would take care of any installation issues (other than lining up with the holes in the rack). My 'plan' was to put two bikes in racks facing opposite directions. Pool noodle or something similar in between bikes to keep from rubbing. Lightweight racheting straps (tie downs, rope, whatever) attached to front and back of carrier, going over bikes. The stands I bought will just keep the bikes standing up, the straps should keep them on the carrier. I'm planning on using 2 or 3 straps like I do with the bike carrier on back of car.
I'll let you know if I lose a bike this summer
Old 04-25-2018, 02:23 PM   #11

Just curious, is the interior of the 23MK fully accessible with the slide closed? Obviously not the TV and fireplace, but wondering about getting to bathroom, fridge, etc.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #12

I can squeeze thru but im tall and thin.
Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cow View Post
Just curious, is the interior of the 23MK fully accessible with the slide closed? Obviously not the TV and fireplace, but wondering about getting to bathroom, fridge, etc.
It's a bit of a squeeze, but yes, i can get from back to front. There isn't enough space to pull the drawers open in the dinette or kitchen - slide needs to be out for that. And i know that because i put my long level in the drawer on our first trip Fridge isn't an issue since it's back further than sink cabinet.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:45 PM   #14

Thanks, guys. Hadn't had a chance to look at a 23MK. The closest one to me according to RV trader is over 200 miles away. Even the nearest GW dealer is almost 100 miles away. Trying to get a rough idea if it is worth a trip to go look at one.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #15

Probably going to go with a 25RL. Checked with a dealer and factory can put in pocket doors in place of the bathroom swing doors and dealer can do free standing table and chairs in place of dinette. Will have more than ample room even though a no slide. I would be willing to bet a dealer could order pocket doors for a 23MK also since very same bathroom setup as 25RL.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:34 AM   #16

Thanks for the update, we all need to find one that works for us. I actually have a towel rack hanging on the bathroom door (with my TP holder attached at the bottom), so a pocket door would create different issues for me.
Have fun with the camper!
Old 04-26-2018, 09:38 PM   #17

The booth dinette is something we really don't want. A small table and chairs would work better. Something like the folding leg dinette table from the Rockwood 2109S trailer. It would even work in front of the rear sofa of the 25RL just like it is designed for use with the sofa of the 2109S. Fold up and put away when not in use and have better room in the 25RL. And that leads to another mod that is possible. My neighbor's son is a professional cabinet maker. Will check with him about doing a cabinet from floor up to below the overhead cabinet / tv area so that there is additional pantry storage and maybe do a fireplace/heater similar to the one in the 23MK.

The doors I could live with, but the dinette would need to go. Just spit balling about how to mod the 25RL, it seems it could be turned into the ultimate no-slide couple's camper.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:11 AM   #18

Grey wolf problems

Hi purchased our trailer in april of this year . So far the seal ontop of slide has dropped,the pump does not work and the wheel on the bottom of shower door broke off. Love the trailer but the build qaulity has me concerned. How is your grey wolf holding up
Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:58 AM   #19

so far so good, but if you live in a warmer climate than MN (which is pretty much everybody), you've used yours more than we have. We bought it last Oct, camped 2 nights, then into storage. I pulled it out of storage a few weeks ago to work on it (eyelets and bungee cords in storage areas) and forgot to attach the shower doors. Arrived at the house with a door on the bathroom floor, which surprisingly wasn't shattered. I'm dewinterizing and sanitizing this weekend, so we'll see if the water pump works.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:27 AM   #20

Ours is holding up well, lots of Q.C. issues that were fairly easy to fix, but that is the nature of the beast. Did lose the omi tv antenna due to faulty install, but that was the only major issue. Ours has had no leaks or issues with the slide, and the shower door is open door vs the rolling door. Happy with the trailer so far. I did upgrade the C rated " china bombs" to D rated Carlisle and added a TPMS system.
vp22er is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf