Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2021, 09:14 PM   #1

Grey Wolf 23MK inverter

We have a 2021 Grey Wolf 23MK. Any ideas for installing an inverter? (location etc). Only will use it for TV and charging laptops and such. Already up graded to 2 6V golf cart batteries and portable solar panels.
capswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 04:39 PM   #2

23MK inverter

We also have a 2021 23MK. I have two inverters, a 1500 watt and a 2000 watt. Will only install one. I am considering two locations for install. One would be in the storage area front of trailer. Problem is this would cut down on already limited storage. My second thought is to build a rack between the I beams under the trailer and put an inverter there. Would have to protect the inverter from wet road and dust but still leave good ventilation. Without a remote switch would have to turn inverter on from under trailer.
Have not decided yet on which location. If you have ideas I would be very interested.
largom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 02:52 AM   #3

23MK inverter

Now I'm thinking to install in the bed room or bathroom. Closer to the batteries. I'll just run an extension cord to whatever I need to power. Can't really spare any room in the storage area.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:25 AM   #4

Instead of one large(ish) inverter have you considered picking up a couple of small ones? Modern led TVs don’t use a lot of power.

BESTEK 300Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Car Adapter DC 12V to AC 110V with 4.2A Dual Smart USB Ports. On Amazon for under $50

Run some 10ga wire and install a couple of DC ports.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderMore View Post
Instead of one large(ish) inverter have you considered picking up a couple of small ones? Modern led TVs don’t use a lot of power.

BESTEK 300Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Car Adapter DC 12V to AC 110V with 4.2A Dual Smart USB Ports. On Amazon for under $50

Run some 10ga wire and install a couple of DC ports.
I probably would only need 1small one. The only thing I can foresee using it for is TV and charging laptops. Already have numerous USB ports around the trailer.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:43 AM   #6

Sweet. Then you can save quite a bit of money AND take the inverter with you for use in the tow vehicle.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:05 PM   #7

I am in the process of installing a 2000 watt inverter in our 23MK. The space under the left side closet in bedroom has a lot of room beside the hot water heater.
I have cut out and installed a door in the end of the panel below the closet.
Inverter just arrived today. Needed enough power for TV, microwave and coffee pot.
largom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf, inverter