Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #1

Grey Wolf 25RL or 23MK

I'm trying to decide between these rear-living floor plans. The 25RL and 23MK are near-identical in tongue weight, Gross Vehicle Weight Rating and length. The 23MK weighs a little more empty, due to the slide. Tow vehicle will be a Titan rated to pull 9,200 lbs. I'll have to travel 100 miles+ to buy either unit, based on what I see in RV Traders.

I'm "sold" on the 25RL. I like the simplicity of its no-slide design. It's likely to be better insulated without the cut-out in the wall for a slide. I've walked through a 25RL and that floor plan will work fine for me and my occasional travel partner.

I haven't been inside a 23MK, but I'm drawn to this unit (watching the video reviews) for the openness of the living area with the dinette slide. The fireplace is a nice added touch.

For 23MK owners: from the videos, it looks like the u-dinette blocks part of the fireplace. The newer floor plans mount the fire place higher on the wall to "clear" the dinette better. Does the "fire place" heat up the back of the dinette? Have you experienced any problems with your slide?

Would appreciate any comments from 25RL or 23MK owners on your likes / dislikes (if any), and reliability of these units. I've looked at a lot of trailers and keep coming back to these two Grey Wolfs. Thanks in advance for comments on either of these units. Bob, Fredericksburg, Virginia
Go West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:13 AM   #2

We have a 2017 23mk(pre fireplace) Love the floor plan and have had only minor issues in the year and a half that we have had it. Our Cheve Silverado has the same tow rating as your Nissan. getting 8 to12 mpg depending on wind and hills.
vp22er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:42 AM   #3

My Thoughts

Sorry, I do not own either but about ready to buy either the 23MK or 25RL. So, I cannot attest to their reliability, but have been in both multiple times, trying to make the same decision you are. Here are my thoughts. The slide in the 23Mk does make the rear living area seem much larger. Plus, the dinette seats are very comfortable. And, the sofa in both the 23Mk and 25RL is one of the most comfortable I have set in, and I have set in 100s on travel trailers with sofas. The 23MK also has a bit more counter space. A person cooking in the 23Mk will generally not be in the way of a person moving to the front of the coach.

The 25RL has an "advantage" of not having a slide and its potential problems. Plus, the dining area is one the campsite side of the trailer, which is a plus to me. Finding a dealer the stocks the 25RL is a bit tricky. Most Cherokee dealers seem to carry the 23MK. There is one dealer, Crisp RV, that is about 3 hours south of you, that currently has both - side by side. It may be worth a trip to Washington, NC.

Good luck. I would like to know which you decide on and your experiences.
jdhoskins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:35 PM   #4

DECISION - Grey Wolf 25RL

Thanks to vp22er and jdhoskins who provided input on my question. I visited Crisp RV in Chocowinity NC and saw both the 25RL and 23MK side-by-side. I would have been happy with either. Then I found this slightly used 2017 25RL for sale by owner near Raleigh. I brought it home this past weekend. Looking forward to getting my new-to-me Grey Wolf out on the road!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Titan & Grey Wolf 25RL July 2018.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	504.8 KB
ID:	180423  
Go West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:21 PM   #5

That trailer looks great. I am happy for you and jealous at the same time. I just got a tow vehicle last week (2006 Ford F350 dually), so I'm ready to buy a TT. With this being almost August, I may wait until fall or early winter to see if I can score a used deal like you. I sure would like to hear your thoughts after some of your trips. Happy trails.
jdhoskins3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf