Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2021, 09:34 PM   #1

Grey Wolf 26dbh ball height

Purchased a 2021 Grey Wolf 26DBH earlier this year. Dealer set up blue ox wdh for me on my 2020 Silverado 1500. Towed fine, but I wanted to upgrade to a 3/4 ton diesel. Traded for a 2018 Silverado 2500. I measured the height to the top of the ball in my garage before trading, adjusted height with hitch in the new truck parked in the same spot. It towed wonderfully, but the back end seemed low based on how close my triangular guards on the rear of the frame (not sure what these are actually called?) were to the ground, so I lowered the ball about another 1.25 inches. Still looks like the trailer is trying to pull upwards on the hitch. Does anyone know how high I should set the ball so the trailer is level? Not sure if this is published anywhere or not, and it’s hard for me to know whether or not the ground I’m on is perfectly level to get an accurate feel. For now I just plan to tow and adjust based on my feeling, but like I said, was just wondering if there is any information out there on what the optimal ball height is.
Blackdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26dbh, grey wolf