Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2021, 11:33 AM   #1

Smile Grey Wolf 26DBH Mods??

We are picking up our 2019 GW 26DBH next month.

What type of mods have you done to your trailer?

I was thinking of adding an over the toilet storage cabinet for towel storage etc. Has anyone done this? What did you use?

We are a family of 8 (6 kids, 2 adults) so storage is crucial.

I was also going to invest in some Tier shelves for the cupboards for more space and do the double drawer shelf in the drawers, just need to wait for the trailer to get measurements.

I would love any space saving/organization ideas you have!
GREYWOLF26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:57 AM   #2

We don't have your rig so this is general information.

Your best tools for mounting are Command Strips (we like the outdoor/bathroom rated ones) or outdoor double sided mounting tape. The walls of trailers are super thin and you never know what is on the other side of that wall so try not to drill into them.

Anything that will tier shelves or turntable them for easier access are good. Storing towels and clothes in pillowcases at the end of bunks, hanging mesh storage, lots of hooks on walls can help too.
Keep in mind that weight matters.

Congratulations on your rig and welcome to the forum.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:09 PM   #3

I have a '21 26 DBH

Over the toilet storage sounds good, but it will make the bathroom rather tight.

Of course, I am 6'1", so the shower makes me feel like a gorilla in a thimble. LOL!

What my wife got me to do was get an adjustable shelving bracket from lowes. I mounted it to the stud right behind the toilet. There is a coat hanger bracket that fits and that's where we hang our towels. We only have 2 kids so you have considerable more towels to hang.

We have a few other minor mods in plan to do, but let me see if I can get a picture or link to show you first
lizARdman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:23 PM   #4

links

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Selec...pright/4640129

May be because I am tired, but I can't find the attachment we got to hang the towels
Old 02-04-2021, 09:35 PM   #5

Speaking of other mods

With the shower size, we put a better articulating(correct term??) shower bar in that allows the curtain to hang further from the back wall.

You mentioned the drawers. You will likely need to beef up the "lock" under the drawer that keeps it from sliding out.
The factory puts the cheap staples in it and they will fail.

And speaking of storage, did you know that there is a storage area under the back seat of the table between where the drawers slide. Just lift up the cushion for access.

The master bedroom sliding doors need a better system to secure them during travel.

Also, we put plastic tablecloths on all the exposed plywood under the mattresses so the OSB wouldn't pick the fabric so bad.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:46 PM   #6
rfifer

We have a 2019 26DBH. Our mods have been modest but helpful for us. I put up Command Strips in the shower for wash clothes, by the upper medicine cabinet for a hand towel, and over the door hangers for towels on the inside and some over the door hooks for jackets facing the living area. A couple more Command Strips by the door for the dog leash and one on the counter for the washcloth. We also bought wire shelving to expand the surface area in the pantry in order to better organize that space. And I put a pair of gas cylinders under the plywood on the front bed to assist in lifting up and holding up the mattress to access the under bed storage. Throw rugs beside the bed on each side and some fold-up portable steps to let the dog (small dog) access her bed in the lower bunk.
TV F-150
rfifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:56 PM   #7

above toilet

not sure if this will work for you but I use my TT during the Michigan deer season. there is quite a few heavy clothing items. went to home depot and purchased a chrome shower curtain rod. the space between the walls surrounding the toilet is about 3 feet. the two walls do have some support behind them so I mounted it there about 3 inches below the ceiling. you can now hang some pretty heavy items on it. also use in summer to have damp towels and things. any wet boots go in the shower.
cbgrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:37 PM   #8

Here's some of the mods I did to mine.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ar-156390.html
Old 04-27-2021, 12:50 PM   #9

We picked ours up a few weeks ago. So far I've done...

Pass through storage 4inch drain pipe cut to about 5.5 ft for fishing pole storage hangin.all from home depot.

Bathroom rv door lock on Amazon for the inside door to the restroom. Take off the 2nd plate on the lock side. Initially the thickness of the new door locking mechanism barely didn't fit but a quick hit with my hand and it sunk in. Copper creek ck2030bk

Changed all exterior locks to the round locks on Amazon direct fit was 3/8 can't find the link sorry.

Purchased a different full motion wall.mount on Amazon was 52 bucks silver with detachable arms 2 bases ,mounted one base outside as well, they are all metal not plastic like the oroginal ones it comes with.

Fished audio red and white cables from the back of the head unit to the tv output for surround sound for the tv,they tell you it all works but nothing is hooked up. You need to run your own wires for it to work.

On the outdoor kitchen I took the bracket apart and flipped the burners and bracket around so it's not so close to the front door of the trailer.

AP Products 015-201502 Thin Repl. Shade purchase the thin shades for both doors and locked them in

Purchased a small bbq with quick connect 1/4 inch to 1lb propane connector for bbq,still need to test if the tiny regulator will let propane through.

Lowerd the rear bike rack and installed from Amazon bike rack wheel brackets 4 for 2 bikes.

I think that's all I did, oh ya picked up a 3600 Westinghouse generator from lowes dual fuel pretty sweet. Plus all the fixins like outdoor mats pits pans cups plates Yada Yada.
Lonewolf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:07 PM   #10

You may be interested in my Sink Cover Mod.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...on-230091.html
MO311fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26dbh, grey wolf, mods