Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #1

Grey wolf 28bh??????????

My wife and I are on the hunt for a trailer. We started out looking at smaller units (22-24ft) but love the layout of the grey wolf 28bh, especially the open feel and u shape dinette. In the last few days, we have been in over 100 different trailers and everything winds up comparing unfavorably to the grey wolf and the 15k new price does not hurt. We did look at a used 08 model surveyor 304 that we really liked but it just seemed like too much for what we will use it for- 2 day local camping trips and we only have 1 kid- 4 years old.
We have not ruled out others or a used trailer, but we always come back to the grey wolf.

So, my question is about the quality of this unit. IS it built to last or will I hate it a couple years from now?
Anyone here have one or similar and have major issues or??????
Any help or advice is appreciated
edman87k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum .I dont have any experience with the grey wolf but someone on here will help you.The greywolf seem like a very nice camper and as with most problem they can be fixed and you will probably have some problem with any unit you buy.So if it fits you then give it a try you dont have to own it forever and trust me you wont as most people will trade for something in a few years just ask anyone on here and they will tell about their FIRST camper. So good luck on whatever you choose and visit often and be sure to post any question you may have
Old 07-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #3

Hello. I purchased a 2009 Grey Wolf 28BH in March of this year and have used it approx 25 nights so far this year. That includes many local trips and a couple longer ones (about 5 hours of driving each way). I have had no real problems with my unit other than a bubble in one of the decals (which the dealer fixed) and my slide cover mount coming loose (not a Forest River issue).

We decided on this unit because of price (I picked mine up for 12,500) and it had the layout that fit our family.

Overall I am very satisfied with the unit and how well it tows.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:27 PM   #4

I bit the bullet, will be picking up my trailer sat morning!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #5

We had an 05 Cherokee Lite 28A. the Grey Wolf came the next year or two I believe? we really like our Cherokee. we took it on a 2 week trip out to Glacier NP and had no issues with it. we travelled 3500 miles.

You`ll love it.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:08 PM   #6

Love our cherokee!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #7

Will be taking it on a short trip this weekend. Got my tv mounted and everything transferred into it from the popup.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #8

Update: We have taken it on a few trips so far, the latest being 5 days stay leading up to the thanksgiving holiday. I am glad to say , so far, not a single issue with anything. We still come across things we want to add or do and of course stuff that we need to get to go in the trailer.

I want to relocate the water heater elec switch so it will be more conveinant ( and I know I will eventually break the latch on that cover).
Also want to add a latch so the storage compt door above the sink can be held up while browsing.

I am considering making an access door or drawer to easily get to the unde seat dinette storage. There is a ton of storage under this u shaped dinette and having access from the end for smaller things would make it more useful.

BUY A BETTER MATRESS! The stocker is horrible, yet tolerable for a night or so, but for the longer stays, it is a killer.

I want to add an elec outlet in one of the outside storage areas, preferably the front one. I want this so I can keep a drill charger in there. I use an 18v drill to lower the stab jacks and it is always good to have a drill handy anyway. This will keep me from having to make sure I get a charged battery from my shop every time before leaving.

Going to look into the idea of cutting an access hole in the propane cover to turn on the tanks when I arrive at the site without having to remove the cover every time.

Make a storage are on the tongue. there is a lot of un used area there where the battery is. Also need a small box or tray of some sort as I always lay my pins and clips for the equalizer on top of the battery box.

Put a different strap on the battery box. This factory one is a PITA. I had one with a metal buckle on my popup that worked much better.

That is all I can think of for now. One of these days, we will have it all dialed in.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #9

We have been checking out new trailers for the past year, right after buying (and selling after one season) a new Palomino Yearling Y4123. We keep coming back to the Cherokee Grey Wolf 26 BH. Hope to be able to pick one up this week.
BlueClearSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:12 PM   #10
Jan Goldfield

We just bought our 28bh and think we will love it. I am removing the couch to install a couple of recliners and can see that I will be installing an electrical outlet for my rechargeable drill so I can lower/raise the stabilizers.
We are busy outfitting it and learning it is much like a boat.....but this is a box you throw money into, not a hole in the water.

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
28bh, cherokee