Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #1

Half of LED under awning not lighting

So, as the title implies, I have recent trouble with the blue LED light strip under the awning of my 26dbh-l. Half of the strip lights up as normal (the front half) and the back half only barely glows. Not enough to hardly see. Any ideas what would cause this and how to fix it? I'm sure these lightstrips cost only a few bucks to make but will charge me several hundred to replace if I have to. Thanks for the help!
EZEKIEL2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZEKIEL2517 View Post
So, as the title implies, I have recent trouble with the blue LED light strip under the awning of my 26dbh-l. Half of the strip lights up as normal (the front half) and the back half only barely glows. Not enough to hardly see. Any ideas what would cause this and how to fix it? I'm sure these lightstrips cost only a few bucks to make but will charge me several hundred to replace if I have to. Thanks for the help!

I have same issue
hammer40330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:44 PM   #3

Buy the strip lights from amazon...$15. Cut the adapter off and use some heat shrink to connect to the existing wires. The strips should slide out and into the channel.

LED Strip Lights with Power Supply-16.4ft/5m Flexible Strip Light Kit, 300 LED Blue Lighting Strip Waterproof LED Tape Lights for DIY Home Kitchen Car Bar Party https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F9RQK5Z...dyvJEbQS9JJ3K*

There is no real way to fix the strands if they are waterproof without making them no longer water proof.

I installed the multi-color version under the trailer. It attracts fewer bugs and is not as bright because they are dimmable.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:55 PM   #4

I called carefree of Colorado, the maker of the awning. They sent me a new strip free of charge since the camper was only a year old. Very cool of them. It was super easy to swap. The led strip is actually slid into a clear pouch. The old one slides out and then the new one slips in place. Connector is in the awning arm mount.
EZEKIEL2517 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led, light