Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2021, 07:57 PM   #1

"In-Motion Lock" on Cherokee Total Control

Anyone have this issue?

Just starting today, when I open my Cherokee Total Control app, it says that my awning control is locked out from my phone.

It reads like the TT is going down the road, but it is parked in my driveway.

It also mentions something about clearing out the lockout, but I have no idea how to do that. There is no help or troubleshooting in the app, and the LCI website has nothing about this.

My guess is that bigger Cherokees have a screen in the trailer that allows for clearing this, but my super basic vanilla Wolf Pup has no such fancy thing!

I sent an email to LCI, but hoping the FRF Cherokee community might help me fix it first! I was trying to impress the family with the app controls and failed miserably, thanks to this lock out garbage!Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210227-162558.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	248540
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:17 PM   #2

Why I always loved the "Wall Switch". Push the button...awning goes out, push the button...the awning goes in. Simple.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Why I always loved the "Wall Switch". Push the button...awning goes out, push the button...the awning goes in. Simple.
Truth!

The great thing about technology is that it's really cool when it works. The reality about technology is that it seems to rarely work they way you want!

Thank goodness for analog controls.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:36 PM   #4

It always clears out for me by just using the rocker switch on the panel to extend the thing. As soon as you touch that button, its unlocked. Whenever the trailer is moved, the slide(s) and awning(s) will be locked out from the app until they are manually activated at the panel. After that they will remain unlocked until the RV is moved again.

I'm not sure I would call that feature "garbage". Its what prevents you from butt dialing your trailer and opening the slide while doing 70mph. :-)
royw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:32 PM   #5
Take The Road Less Travld

Quote:
Originally Posted by royw56 View Post
It always clears out for me by just using the rocker switch on the panel to extend the thing. As soon as you touch that button, its unlocked. Whenever the trailer is moved, the slide(s) and awning(s) will be locked out from the app until they are manually activated at the panel. After that they will remain unlocked until the RV is moved again.

I'm not sure I would call that feature "garbage". Its what prevents you from butt dialing your trailer and opening the slide while doing 70mph. :-)
Same for me. Once I tap the button on the wall, the app is unlocked. Not sure why it happens yet, but when it does, that’s the fix.
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 06:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by royw56 View Post

Makes sense to me.

Tow vehicle: 2020 Ford F-250 4WD Super Duty 7.3 XLT FX4 Crew

TT: 2021 Grey Wolf 26 DBH
Germanrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:18 AM   #7
Retired Army MSG!

This is a safety feature on Cherokees. I have a new 2021 Cherokee 5vr and I closed the slides at campground last week and drove about 25 miles home. Once I leveled pulled out my smart phone and got same locked message. Went inside and unlocked using the touch screen.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyjj View Post
This is a safety feature on Cherokees. I have a new 2021 Cherokee 5vr and I closed the slides at campground last week and drove about 25 miles home. Once I leveled pulled out my smart phone and got same locked message. Went inside and unlocked using the touch screen.
Thanks all! I love the idea of the lock out, don't get me wrong. I just wish within the app there was a "help" or "troubleshooting" section to describe what was happening and how to clear the lockout. The safety purpose behind the process is great.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2021, 03:41 PM   #9

So, did using the manual switch then unlock the feature?
jesus_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus_man View Post
So, did using the manual switch then unlock the feature?
Yes. After being hooked up to TowV the OneContol system goes into In Motion mode and locks out the awning (and slide outs if you have them). To unlock you disconnect the TowV, then go into the coach and press any analog switch on the control panel (awning lights, scare lights, etc.) and voilà your mobile phone is back in business.

For higher-end coaches with the touchscreen tablet panel, I think you can unlock it from the menu.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:13 PM   #11

Good to know. Was the app easy to connect to the trailer? Our saleman was clueless.

Would you happen to be able to get the manf. off the power jack?
Old 03-04-2021, 08:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Good to know. Was the app easy to connect to the trailer? Our saleman was clueless.

Would you happen to be able to get the manf. off the power jack?
Very easy! Download the app, go through the set up instructions, and when prompted either scan the QR code label that you see at the bottom of your control center, or type in the ID and password manually.

Now, as for the power jack manufacturer... no clue! I need to email FR to get that. Not a single label anywhere on that thing.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210215_154708145_HDR~2.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	248858
Old 03-04-2021, 10:03 AM   #13

Good to hear! Thank you!!

As to Jack - don't sweat it. I need to call them anyway. I just don't have my trailer yet. But I can tell you it is NOT lippert.
Old 03-04-2021, 02:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Good to hear! Thank you!!

As to Jack - don't sweat it. I need to call them anyway. I just don't have my trailer yet. But I can tell you it is NOT lippert.
I can verify that on my trailer in the driveway, definitely not a LCI power jack! And not an instruction manual to be found for it.

Tags
cherokee, lock