Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2020, 09:38 PM   #1

Leak below shower on 26dbhs 2019

So were camping now at full hookup sight and my wife’s used the shower once and that was hours earlier and unbeknownst to me she was just recently washing the kids feet in the tub and our camping neighbor says hey ur leakimg water out the back of ur camper. So I look and the basic garbage bag fr has to cover the area is bowed and pouring water in a stream so I dump both black and grey tanks and it seems to slow and I reach my hand in the hole that’s been made in this insulating bag and all the insulation is soaking wet. I’m gonna take it to the dealer but is this a connection like the drain from the shower that got loose and was dumping water into this space? Anyone have this happen before?
Olotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:47 PM   #2

We had the drain connection below the shower come loose. A friend opened the panel on the shower... near the floor... and reconnected the drain. While on the floor, he also found the black water drain was loose, so he tightened all connections. It isn't easy to get access to the area though.

Taking it back to the dealer is a good idea.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:53 PM   #3

Completely different camper than you but I had a similar problem. The culprit was the with waterless trap. Who ever put it on didnt line up the gasket quite right and it got torn. It would drip when we took showers. If we didnt dump before it filled up, it would come rushing out. Easy fix once I found the cause.

Sounds like you'll be able to.figure out exactly what is going on once you open it up. Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 10:37 PM   #4

See this thread... would bet you had the same issue.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...un-164206.html
Equal-i-zer 1k/10k
Kacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 02:55 PM   #5

Leak below shower

When I used the shower on my FR3 29DS for the first time, water poured out from under the shower. When I removed the access port, I discovered the drain had not been attached. I verified this when I attempted to fix it. In order to attach it to the drain I had to pull the drain line over 1/2" and secure it there with some stainless tie wire for the shower trap to align with downward 90 of the drain line.
Dugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olotti View Post
So were camping now at full hookup sight and my wife’s used the shower once and that was hours earlier and unbeknownst to me she was just recently washing the kids feet in the tub and our camping neighbor says hey ur leakimg water out the back of ur camper. So I look and the basic garbage bag fr has to cover the area is bowed and pouring water in a stream so I dump both black and grey tanks and it seems to slow and I reach my hand in the hole that’s been made in this insulating bag and all the insulation is soaking wet. I’m gonna take it to the dealer but is this a connection like the drain from the shower that got loose and was dumping water into this space? Anyone have this happen before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
We had the drain connection below the shower come loose. A friend opened the panel on the shower... near the floor... and reconnected the drain. While on the floor, he also found the black water drain was loose, so he tightened all connections. It isn't easy to get access to the area though.

Taking it back to the dealer is a good idea.
So I opened the access panel and yup the trap is completely disconnected. Ok fine but the real problem is all the water that got into that compartment. The insulation is completely soaked like a sponge. I feel like if that doesn’t dry we could have a mold problem later on. I feel like it’s something that should be fixed but I’m sure the dealer will prob give me a hard time idk well see.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:51 PM   #7

The same happened to my 23DBH. Same basic setup, just a few feet shorter. Dealer cut a triangle hole in the plastic underneath, tightened it up, removed the wet insulation and taped it back up. I then took the tape off, out new insulation in, then got a sheet of coroplast from Home Depot and used self tapers and some washers to secure it to the frame. Now I can get to it if it ever happens again.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mch5jdm View Post
The same happened to my 23DBH. Same basic setup, just a few feet shorter. Dealer cut a triangle hole in the plastic underneath, tightened it up, removed the wet insulation and taped it back up. I then took the tape off, out new insulation in, then got a sheet of coroplast from Home Depot and used self tapers and some washers to secure it to the frame. Now I can get to it if it ever happens again.
This is great to know. I assumed they’d just cut the plastic to access it then retape it. Mine looks like it’s been cut already unless that’s how fr accesses this area at the factory. So what insulation did u get like the pink panther fiberglass stuff? Could u send me a pic of what it looks like after u put the coroplast in, I like that idea for extra ease of access. Did the dealer charge u anything, our camper while a 2019’ is 2 1/2yrs old from purchase.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:52 PM   #9

I’m pretty sure FR does not cut an access hole. Probably a prior repair. So mine was only a few months old so it cost me nothing except a drag across town.

I use regular old pink insulation. I had a few non paper backed r15 bats that I had and just stuffed it in.

Here are some pictures of the corloplast. I wish Home Depot had black but white is fine. Used the self taping screws that have the rubber grommet. They are found at Home Depot near the tin roof stuffClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2768.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	277.1 KB
ID:	234397Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2769.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	234398Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2770.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	234399