Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2021, 09:39 PM   #41

Leveling made easy

I use a LevelMatePro. Flagstaff 26FKBS. Takes all the guess work out. Fore and aft. Side to side. Perfect. Good luck !
Coloradotsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:20 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaleb46 View Post
Where does everyone use to level your camper? I have to level by hand on my Wolf Pup 18to. Do you use a level inside? Outside? Frame?
I have two small bubble levels mounted by my controls, mounted to see both directions. When they look level, I double check with an open door inside. If it stays put half open, in level.
frankraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:24 PM   #43

I'd level as close as you reasonably can.
Dometic says as little as a half hour can ruin an absorption refrigerator if it is too far off level. Compressor refrigerator doesn't really matter.
On the first setup I'd level the trailer (I usually put a 12" level on the floor at the entry door to confirm my bubble mounted level). Then check your refrigerator with a small bubble level. If it is close enough, good. No more refrigerator check needed.
Dometic says up to 3° Left to Right and 6° Front to Back.
If going down the road don't worry about it. There will be enough movement to prevent damage.

Now, for the really really really important reason to level your trailer! If not level, your biscuits won't brown evenly. High side will get darker than the lower side. Cake will spill out of the lower side and make a mess.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:48 PM   #44

Level

Super tough call.. I always just put a 6" level on my floor ...but if I go check my bumper afterwards, it is completely different.. which would you trust more, floor or bumper???
lilmikey_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:02 AM   #45

I use the level mate pro. I have it mounted inside the camper and I just pair it with the app on my phone. Works great.

I have a 3 foot level inside the camper for backup.
masque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:21 AM   #46
KenKre

TT & 5th I level inside the door on the floor w/24" level. Although 5th have auto leveling i can't trust it ergo the level method.
Ken Kreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:33 AM   #47

I couldn't find my level once, so I used a glass of beer sitting on the floor just inside the door.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:33 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaleb46 View Post
Where does everyone use to level your camper? I have to level by hand on my Wolf Pup 18to. Do you use a level inside? Outside? Frame?
Both. I use the level on the frame when I level from front to back. Then use the level inside for left to right.
Ryan-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:29 AM   #49

I made my own with these .https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DZPKWTGA&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It works with RV level app .
doanshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:41 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyDogMom View Post
I couldn't find my level once, so I used a glass of beer sitting on the floor just inside the door.
How many glasses of beer did you go through before you got it level .LOL
Old 06-22-2021, 10:59 AM   #51

On my Greywolf 23MK there are no 2 surface's that are exactly parallel. I used the stove and somewhat the table to get a reasonable level and then attached the stick-ons on the out side. The siding on the drivers side is close, but the door side is 1/2" out with a 24" level. The floor isn't even close or the counter top. With the damn electric fridge, level isn't quite as critical. The rear bumper is way out from across the frame in the front and front to back on the frame is is out by over 2 inches. Even the siding that start at the frame in the rear is down over an inch in the front.
Just got to get it somewhere close so you don't feel it's cockeyed and go for the outside levels. If they were built square and plumb, it would be a dream to get it level! Even the doors aren't square in the frames and out the opposite ways!!
Stevemal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:38 PM   #52

Really like our LevelMate Pro!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:35 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Really like our LevelMate Pro!
So do I made my own . Used their app .
Old 06-23-2021, 08:58 AM   #54
Going Solo

Well, my understanding is the frig has to be fairly level for the freon (sic?) to work properly for cooling; so, I always check the frig running level north to south by setting it just on the upper door ledge of the freezer. Then the floor, east to west. Plus, if the frig door stays open mid-way, I'm happy.
tjwdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:59 AM   #55
Going Solo

tjwdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:11 AM   #56

Where level matters

We all know that a refrigerator needs to be close to level for it to work properly. But the leeway for functional vs. nonfunctional is wider than you'd expect. You could be a whole bubble off of level--or more--and your fridge will still operate.

But your mental satisfaction is a different thing. If you're in your shower and a good portion of water sits away from the drain, you won't feel happy.

The same goes for in your sink--if ALL of the water isn't running properly down the drain, you won't feel happy.

For me, the key is the stove top. When I crack an egg into the frypan, I want it to stay where I put it. If I have two eggs in there, I don't want them to slide around and run into each other; I want separate eggs. And that's only accomplished with a level stove top.

Get the stove top level and everything else will be happy, too. The refrigerator, the shower drain, the sink drain--they'll all work as you expect.
DuluthCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:39 AM   #57

I use the LevelMatePRO and Anderson levelers
G37x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:22 PM   #58

On my camper the the back bumper is not level.I was told a lot of bumpers run downhill a little so they drain ?I know mine is off so I use the floor.

Tags
camper, leveling