Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #1

Looking @ Grey Wolf 26BH

My wife and I have been looking at a camper upgrade. We want to get out of the tent camper and into a travel trailer. We have looked at the Ameri-Lite 25BH by Gulf Stream and I have stumbled upon the Grey Wolf 26BH. Both have very similar floor plans and features. Does anyone have any insight on these? I know the Amer-Lite has a 2 year warranty (bumper to bumper), 12 year on the roof, and 25 year on the floor. How does that compare to the Grey Wolf? Any tips on negotiating my best deal on a new rig?
moby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #2

Proud owner here of the Grey Wolf 26 BH.
Just got it this year. 12 year on the roof, 1 year on the camper
but we can also purchace a second year. Most accessory items
microwaves, fridge, ect.. Their manufactures send you there own
warrenty information. Most seem to be one to three years.
If your looking for room they also make the Grey Wolf in a
slide out version. This is our first camper of any size.
(Done the tent and pop up thing)
Very please with mine. See above.

Nina
Hitched up to a White 1999 F-150 Ext. Cab
Number of days camped in 2014-2
(4 more days reserved)
NINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #3
RAC

When I was looking at the different models of trailers out there, I was more than confused.

The two you're looking at are very comparable, with the Gulf Stream being a little less expensive. When I was looking and found models that were similar, I started asking questions as to what materials were made in construction, how were the aesthetics, what sort of "quality" was put into fixtues, faucets, etc. While you might get a better deal on a GS price wise, it may or may not be saving you money in the long run when it comes to replacement or repair of items I mentioned. Take your time. This is the time of year when deals are out there.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #4

I suppose that is what it boils down too...am I getting the best deal and is this "Dealin' Season"?
moby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
RAC

You can rest assured that what you think is a GREAT DEAL, the dealer is still making money. The important thing is that you walk away feeling like you got the best deal available and you love your purchase. Doesn't matter what brand/model you get, just as long as YOU think it's the best thing for YOU. Nevermind the rest of us.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:32 AM   #6

i vote for the grey wolf as i was a 1999 gulf stream amer lite 24qs owner b4 i bought my Rockwood 8296SS and i can say i dont miss it they are very cheaply built or at least mine was
chevy02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee