Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2021, 01:48 PM   #1

Moving TV mount in Wolf Pup 16FQ?

We picked up a 32" LCD TV to install in our Wolf Pup. While the wall is wide enough to accommodate the 32" TV, the mount is offset such that the TV will overlap the bathroom door by an inch or so. Are there any issues I need to watch out for if I move the mount over a couple of inches?

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Hoomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:06 PM   #2

Moved Mine 2.5"

I removed the screws in the wall mount and moved it 2.5" to the left. Used same screws into paneling. Seems solid enough, but my 32" Amazon Fire TV doesn't weigh much and we don't travel with the TV on the mount. Seems to be holding just fine! Why they don't center the mount at the factory is beyond me.
tomgrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:41 PM   #3

I went ahead and did pretty much the same thing. Based on the angles the screws came out, I did a better job remounting it than they did at the factory. Granted, I also drilled pilot holes before putting the screws in. I also plan to take it down and lay it across the bed when moving the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3280221.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	250899  

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Old 03-31-2021, 02:56 PM   #4

Perfect!

Funny, I questioned the angle on the screws when I took them out as well.

Figure if need be, I'll put in some hollow wall anchors if these fail, but for now it is holding up just fine. Granted, we just got ours and are on our maiden voyage (well, week camping close to home) to get the kinks out.

We have a sailboat so are accustomed to the small quarters, but this really does have more amenities than we are used to.

Hope you enjoy your WolfPup as much as we are enjoying ours.

Granted, we are making a list of things that need fixed to take it back to the dealer when we return so they can do a little better job of putting things together.

Cheers!
Old 03-31-2021, 06:08 PM   #5

I noticed this today, while on the roof of the house checking our cooler (supposed to reach the 90s this weekend). I have an email off to the dealer asking about it, as it wasn't mentioned during the looking, buying, or walk-through process. Is this a TV antenna?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_133841_resized.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	250909  

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Old 03-31-2021, 09:18 PM   #6

Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoomi View Post
I noticed this today, while on the roof of the house checking our cooler (supposed to reach the 90s this weekend). I have an email off to the dealer asking about it, as it wasn't mentioned during the looking, buying, or walk-through process. Is this a TV antenna?
Yes, that is a TV antenna but I don't think it is a digital one. Haven't picked up any signals though I did hook up a coax cable. There is a booster on the coax connect that turns a LED green, but no luck picking up signals.

I did buy a USB 3.0 thumb drive that allowed me to download YouTube videos to watch ahead of our trip.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:08 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgrandy View Post
Yes, that is a TV antenna but I don't think it is a digital one. Haven't picked up any signals though I did hook up a coax cable. There is a booster on the coax connect that turns a LED green, but no luck picking up signals.

I did buy a USB 3.0 thumb drive that allowed me to download YouTube videos to watch ahead of our trip.
Digital tv antenna is a scam. It's the tv that needs to be digital, not the antenna. You can get a high definition picture with a rabbit ear antenna, as long as the tv is high definition. The antenna pictured will get both analog and HD signals.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:25 AM   #8

I'll pick up a short coax cable, hook the antenna up, and let the TV search for channels. Right now, it's not a big deal, as we rarely watch TV across the antenna at home, but it would be nice to have the option. I picked up a compact Sony blu-ray player to keep in the trailer, and we'll take the Nintendo Switch docking cradle along, which allows the Switch to connect to a TV through the HDMI cable.

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Old 04-02-2021, 08:01 PM   #9

That is a King Jack brand TV antenna. You must turn on the antenna booster for any decent signal. Much further than 50 miles from the TV transmitter and you get pixelation. Also depends on being on top of hills or in flatland. Unless you are near a large city, plan on it not working well. I got great reception around Erie & Pittsburgh PA. There are a few antenna locator apps so you can get distances and channels. It’s an omnidirectional, so direction doesn’t matter. BTW, you need the antenna amp on for decent radio reception, too.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:41 PM   #10

Where is the antenna booster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
That is a King Jack brand TV antenna. You must turn on the antenna booster for any decent signal. Much further than 50 miles from the TV transmitter and you get pixelation. Also depends on being on top of hills or in flatland. Unless you are near a large city, plan on it not working well. I got great reception around Erie & Pittsburgh PA. There are a few antenna locator apps so you can get distances and channels. It’s an omnidirectional, so direction doesn’t matter. BTW, you need the antenna amp on for decent radio reception, too.
Just going on our shakedown on new WolfPup 16FQ...where is the antenna booster? All I see are coax jacks. Also no marked coax input for camp sites that offer cable. Did the dealer miss something? Thanks!
Sentryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentryman View Post
Just going on our shakedown on new WolfPup 16FQ...where is the antenna booster? All I see are coax jacks. Also no marked coax input for camp sites that offer cable. Did the dealer miss something? Thanks!

On mine, it's right beside the coax connection on the ceiling. A tiny black button that you push in and a green light comes on to show that it's on.
I don't have an exterior cable connection, only another coax antenna connection beside the outside TV mount.
Virginian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #12

I grabbed a coax cable and hooked up the antenna while we were out with the trailer this weekend. I noticed the on/off switch next to the antenna connection, and made sure to switch that on. We picked up 8 channels out in Tucson Mountain Park.

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Old 04-05-2021, 12:37 PM   #13

Yup, a tiny push button and an LED on light on the same panel as the coax connections.
There is no campground TV cable in jack on WolfPups. A little cost cutting on an entry small RV.
One of my mods was to determine the cable inside that sent the signal out for an outdoors mounted TV. I disconnected it from the antenna amplifier & mounted a separate antenna receptacle beside the antenna plate. Now I use the former TV output as an input. If I were to want the TV outside, I can use a short jumper from the antenna plate to the seperated cable box. I have had campground cable once. It was nice but it was near the city and I also got a lot of over the air channels. I just had to move my cable on the TV antenna plate to the other.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 05:20 AM   #14

Just saw this. I too moved over the TV mount. Used the existing left side holes to mount the right side of the bracket and made three new holes for the left. Also very happy with the 32" Amazon Fire TV. The apps easily download and the picture is very sharp. There are pictures in my registry. I too take down the TV when traveling.
CURT 51180 Echo Bluetooth Brake Controller (Love it!).
2004 Ford F-150 STX 4X4 Tow Package, 273K For Pulling TT in the sand.
SetauketJeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount, wolf pup