Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMJGM View Post
I just used 1 inch course drywall screws. I used a small nail to locate the stud. Attachment 150794
Awesome.
MrShoehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Kevin View Post
I've used 1 1/4 Lag bolts on the mount above that window.

Be careful in Myrtle Beach, in case hurricane Irma continues moving north from florida over the weekend.

South Carolina is still squarely in its path. And the strongest winds of a hurricane tend to be on its north edge. Irma could arrive by Tuesday as a potentially catastrophic hurricane, with winds stronger than 110 mph.

Yes we are keeping a good eye on Irma.
MrShoehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:12 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Kevin View Post
I've used 1 1/4 Lag bolts on the mount above that window.

Be careful in Myrtle Beach, in case hurricane Irma continues moving north from florida over the weekend.

South Carolina is still squarely in its path. And the strongest winds of a hurricane tend to be on its north edge. Irma could arrive by Tuesday as a potentially catastrophic hurricane, with winds stronger than 110 mph.

How'd you get the power cord moved like that? Mine is not long enough to reach the receptacle?
manwayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:15 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwayvan View Post
How'd you get the power cord moved like that? Mine is not long enough to reach the receptacle?
I bought six foot extensions for all three. Then bundled the rest behind the TV. I also bought a 90 degree video adapter for the video cable. If not, you can't hang it on the outside because the cable is too long. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170806_132249.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	150823
MMJGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShoehorn View Post
Yes we are keeping a good eye on Irma.
I'd say change your plans now. Go West instead!
K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:00 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwayvan View Post
The stock power cable brings me to the corner to right of door. I ran an extension cord down and to the outlet behind sink (Since I use the door outlet for night light and charging devices etc.). I attached the cord to the top of the window valance with little clear command clips. I have also installed some cable channels to hide all cables up the wall (Not in photo).

Old 09-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #67

That's interesting about your charging items with your door outlet. My 16bhs had a 12v power outlet near the door outlet and I just plugged in a cheap USB adapter full time in that.

For a night light I replaced the burned out bulb in my range hood with a LED replacement. I used a low output LED and with the plastic cover its very dim. I have the added undercabinet LED lighting (early mod) for when I want the counter top and stove area bright so the range hood night light works fine.
1201alarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:23 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1201alarm View Post
That's interesting about your charging items with your door outlet. My 16bhs had a 12v power outlet near the door outlet and I just plugged in a cheap USB adapter full time in that.

For a night light I replaced the burned out bulb in my range hood with a LED replacement. I used a low output LED and with the plastic cover its very dim. I have the added undercabinet LED lighting (early mod) for when I want the counter top and stove area bright so the range hood night light works fine.
Don't have a 12v outlet near the 2017 door. Have USB ports near beds.

The door outlet is a nice spot for our Light Sensor Dimmable Nightlight (It turns on when dark). We often come back pretty late from fishing or other adventures, its nice to have a light on in the camper when arriving home. We often charge devices from the USB ports, but like have that outlet open for AC charging. Plus, having a cord that visible at the door is just not my style.

I also added a few under-cabinet (and over dinette) LED touch sensitive lights (Puck Lights). Looks like the 2018 Wolfpup has built in lights in this exact area.

I also replaced the range hood bulb with a low output LED (the OEM bulb burned out on our second trip). Nice white light, and its perfect for a little night light unless you're sleeping in the bottom bunk.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:11 PM   #69

Red LED's make great night lights, and they dont attract bugs.. does not ruin your night vision and is not so bright that the'd wake anyone up while using the bathroom.

I'm going to add a red LED outside above the steps and just leave it on all night long, we rented a camper that had red night lights w/on off switch near the head of the bed, and on the entry steps, was super nice to grab something out of camper late while around the campfire and not come out near blind to the darkness.
dreadlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:40 AM   #70

So far mods to my 18to:
Caulked in splash guards at corner of tub

Installed medicine cabinet on wall where tv mount use to be

Installed towel rack in bathroom

Made shelf for pantry

Installed valterra hose carrier

Installed battery disconnect switch

Installed paper towel holder under cabinet above counter

Memory foam on queen bed

Bought some stackable drawers for clothing storage

Things to do still:
Install hinges to dinette storage compartment for easier access
Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:48 PM   #71

Adding a Bathroom Cabinet to a 2019 Wolf Pup 18TO

I just purchased a Wolf Pup 18TO and want to add a small bathroom cabinet either above the toilet on the outside wall or on the inside wall across from the shower. How did you secure yours and which wall would be more secure to hang it on?
seitz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #72
Wolf Pup Bodie

New owner of 2019 Wolf Pup 16FQ

I love my NEW 2019 Wolf Pup 16FQ. I have already changed the mattress before even going out in it. The mattress it came with was not even worth it coming with. "JUNK" I purchased a 6" gel infused memory foam RV queen mattress on Amazon. Awesome!
After 3 trips, I had a tornado tank flush installed. I agree, it should just be standard equipment. Paid $201 installed.
Had some leveling problems with the pedestal bed and the wardrobe compartment. Nothing was level. The bed was way off and the wardrobe doors did not close flush. Took it into my local dealer to get things fixed. All good now. I also installed an Electric Tongue Jack. For a small trailer, I think it packs a pretty good punch. Still lacks in counter top space. But I love the full size fridge.
nsteele14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:14 AM   #73

Accessing 12 V wiring

Great mods! I found an easy way to access the 12v wiring. Those false floors in the overheads are stapled in with tiny little staples. I ran a drywall screw into the false floor and wiggled it loose enough to get a prybar under it. Where the screw went in will be a finger hole later. My reason for accessing the bed overhead bin was to add 12 V fans for the bed for Boondocking. Walmart less than $12.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6225.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	185259   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6230.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	364.3 KB
ID:	185260   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6220.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	355.7 KB
ID:	185261  
Papadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadave View Post
Great mods! I found an easy way to access the 12v wiring. Those false floors in the overheads are stapled in with tiny little staples. I ran a drywall screw into the false floor and wiggled it loose enough to get a prybar under it. Where the screw went in will be a finger hole later. My reason for accessing the bed overhead bin was to add 12 V fans for the bed for Boondocking.
Thanks for your post, I have been sitting on doing this for a LONG while and wanted to share what I did so far.

I pry'd up the panel inside the cabinet with a small pry bar (Seen in first photo). Theres a nice gap at the front, it's easily fit the tool in and work the base up. No need to use a screw or have a future finger hole in my case. The base came up very easily without damage.

The Orange Stripe wires are my "hot" leads, White are neutral. I've drilled a hole through the left crossmember to run my extended power to the right side where Im going to mount a USB, 12V Outlet, and a 5 On-Off Toggle Switch Panel on the blank face of the cabinet. I decided to go with a panel that had toggle switches, not only to turn off power to USB and 12V socket, but have additional switches for the future (ie. Outdoor LED light strip, maybe a hard wired 12V fan over the bed etc.).

Should have time to complete this on Friday and will post final photos.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:46 PM   #75

12V Outlet, USB, 5 Gang Switch Panel Install

Had some time today to complete the job!

I wired my extension wires through the base of cabinet. Placed some In-The-Wall 6 wire taps on the leads. (Photo 1) I popped out the cabinet panel where I was going to place the outlets/switches. Cut a rectangular hole in the wood panel. I was able to use a Utility Knife for this, since it's such thin "wood". Wired it up and it works great. Nothing is wired to the switches just yet, but I will be re-wiring panel to have one of the switches shut off entire panel. This panel is metal with nice high quality switches, includes a bunch of stickers for naming your switches along with the ones already on the panel from the factory (Wish it came blank). Can be found on Amazon for around $35-$40.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:18 PM   #76

Gained a 1/2 foot of room in the under bed storage by carving down some generously sprayed factory foam, moving the dinky supports and ďwallĒ, while making the wall straight (was completely skewed in two directions).

Also moved the water pump about a foot to gain some extra space for future tool storage box in that area.

Filled all empty screw holes with clear silicon, after doing the above moves.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:41 PM   #77

We installed a TV mount on the bathroom wall and ran the cable thru the cabinet over the dinet. we bought a small TV from Walmart.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #78

With the extra space gained on the pump side for my misc. tool and part storage (you know all those little things you have scattered you rarely use, ie. Winterizing hose, clamps etc.), I made a little barrier. I may just put a box there or a mat so things donít slide around.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:08 AM   #79

That looks like an electrical outlet by the water heater, is it?

I have a panel installed over that water pump & heater area. An extra noise barrier I'd have to modify if I persue a similar modification.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
That looks like an electrical outlet by the water heater, is it?

I have a panel installed over that water pump & heater area. An extra noise barrier I'd have to modify if I persue a similar modification.

Thatís correct, itís the receptacle for the water heater. I keep it unplugged when the heater is in by pass and have no plans to use it.

Since this is under the bed, I can barely hear anything when itís running.

Oh and that blue thing on the floor in main storage area to right, is just an old queen size air mattress. Helps things from sliding around.

Tags
modifications