Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2022, 07:36 AM   #1

Need more chit chat

It has been a while since anybody posted on here, so lets start this up. Who is going where this summer. Already booked a couple trips in Indiana. Prophets town by Purdue, going back to campus and Jellystone near Warsaw. Looking forward to this new location. Anybody else?
ChrisMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:12 AM   #2
2014 XLR 27HFS

We're going to knock the entire pacific coast (and redwoods) off our bucket list.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:12 AM   #3

Hoping to get into Turkey Run this year. Booking a site is extremely tight for dates.
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:54 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMoore View Post
It has been a while since anybody posted on here, so lets start this up. Who is going where this summer. Already booked a couple trips in Indiana. Prophets town by Purdue, going back to campus and Jellystone near Warsaw. Looking forward to this new location. Anybody else?
What's your definition of "a while"?

There's been 20+ threads posted in this sub-forum in the last month.

3 within the last week.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:56 AM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMoore View Post
Are you stating that it has been a while since anyone has posted in this Cherokee sub-forum or the entire FR forum? There is a lot of daily activity on the Forest River forum as a whole.

Are you asking the question about where folks are going this summer only to those with Cherokee units? Just pointing out (since you didn't specifically mention) that if so, you'll likely get a lot of cross-posts from those who never look/read what sub-forum they are in before posting.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 07:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack522 View Post
Hoping to get into Turkey Run this year. Booking a site is extremely tight for dates.

I have my Indiana parks marked in my calendar 6 months to the date ahead of time to book the site. Prophets town had 12 sites left when I booked. 6 months to the hour.

Be sure to plan ahead. May need to book a day or two early just to get the site. The news said Indiana State campgrounds reservations have gone up 400% in the last couple years.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:54 AM   #7
Part-Time Campground Host

After seven months on the road this winter we are going to stay home for a few months and start our travels again in November.
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1659
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 09:43 AM   #8

We're "planning" our trips for the Spring and Fall, since we got a seasonal site for the Summer at our favorite campground here in RI. I say "planning" because we're just not the kind of people who can plan a trip months in advance, and stick to any kind of real itinerary. I know, I know, we're taking our chances on getting into (and staying as long as we want) a lot of places, but we want to go when we want to go, and leave when we want to leave. If that means boondocking, or Walmart or Cracker Barrel parking lots, so be it. We'll call ahead when we're ready to leave, or from the road, whichever. I often wonder how many other people actually do this, and whether or not they regret, or embrace this kind of travel.

2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Duramax
Chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 04:38 PM   #9

Winter trip

Leaving the cold of Utah and headed down to Quartzite for the big winter show.
kgriff5667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 10:05 PM   #10

We were on the road for 4 months this past summer and into fall…. Got home in Florida, took one look around the home and sold it in 4 days….. we became full time RV’ers wandering around Florida until the end of March…. Then we go where ever the roads and winds may take us.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 07:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagerjjm View Post
We were on the road for 4 months this past summer and into fall…. Got home in Florida, took one look around the home and sold it in 4 days….. we became full time RV’ers wandering around Florida until the end of March…. Then we go where ever the roads and winds may take us.

Love it. Enjoy it
Old 01-10-2022, 12:59 PM   #12

I have posted twice in the forums, once a new post in the newcomers section and the second time I was asking a question to someone that had posted something and I got some very rude comments from what seemed to be know it alls that were just on there to be rude. But I'm willing to try again just for some chitchat.
I have RVed for a number of years but got a new Cherokee wolf pup recently and in the process of setting it up where I can remotely work from it. I have two trips planned to a few national parks to test out the hotspot options I have gotten. Wish me luck as we do have a lot of Teams meetings so I hope it works! After that, I plan on a trip to Oklahoma to see friends and a trip to Missouri for a black sheep family reunion (just for the "black sheep" members of our family...lol).
pnkdmnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 01:13 PM   #13

We have a "Great Southern Expedition" planned this summer! 3000 miles from Iowa, through IL, TN, AL, down into the FL panhandle then down to Orlando to do some Disney World camping (first time!). We will then do Kennedy Space Center, Dali museum, take a peek at Miami and up to camp near the Atlantic Coast at the Anastasia State Park. Then we do it all in reverse (minus Disney, I'm only paying for that once!). We can't wait!
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 02:33 PM   #14

It sounds like you have a great adventure planned out!

Good Luck and Enjoy!!!
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 03:48 PM   #15
Retired Army MSG!

Camped here in SC over New Year weekend. 50's today mid 20's tonight. I have warranty work waiting on parts at the moment but RV is still useable until dealer calls and schedules my repair appt so will camp as much as I can work into our schedule. I have exactly 5 months from today left in my real work life good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. And since this is in the Cherokee Forum, I have truly enjoyed my Cherokee Artic Wolf. Hard to believe I took delivery a year ago the 23rd of this month.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:23 PM   #16

We’re leaving Wednesday for the Florida Keys until the end of March. We wanted to experience the 14 degree temperatures in PA before departing for the Keys .

We have reservations for two weeks at Camp Hatteras and Oregon Inlet CG in the Outer Banks in early May. We also have two weeks reservations at our favorite PA campgrounds in June and July.
“Don’t take life too seriously...Nobody gets out alive anyway”
rickemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:35 PM   #17
Retired Army MSG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickemo View Post
We’re leaving Wednesday for the Florida Keys until the end of March. We wanted to experience the 14 degree temperatures in PA before departing for the Keys .

We have reservations for two weeks at Camp Hatteras and Oregon Inlet CG in the Outer Banks in early May. We also have two weeks reservations at our favorite PA campgrounds in June and July.
God bless you. SC isn't that cold but those Northern temps no way for me. When I was in the Army I froze in some of those places. Travel safe and welcome to the warmer temps.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyjj View Post
God bless you. SC isn't that cold but those Northern temps no way for me. When I was in the Army I froze in some of those places. Travel safe and welcome to the warmer temps.
Our first stop is in Santee SC and the temperature is predicted to be low 30s at night. We need to wait until we get to Titusville FL before we can unwinterize the FR3.
“Don’t take life too seriously...Nobody gets out alive anyway”
rickemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:25 PM   #19
Retired Army MSG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickemo View Post
Our first stop is in Santee SC and the temperature is predicted to be low 30s at night. We need to wait until we get to Titusville FL before we can unwinterize the FR3.
Here at home I never completely winterize. I open the low point drains and I drain the water heater. I take the shower head off the rubber hose and open the bathroom and kitchen sink faucets. That is all I do and never have an issue. Always ready for the next trip and full hookup.
Old 01-11-2022, 07:33 AM   #20

Outerbanks has truly been one of my best vacations ever.