Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2018, 12:37 PM   #1

Need some advice

I traded in my 2017 tracer air for my 2018 Cherokee artic Wolf 265dbh8 fifth wheel, I love it but one issue.
The new antenna they put on these are a small disk and I tell you I can’t get anything to come in.
I went to Caprock canyon and I was way down in canyon and got great tv now with this new fifth wheel I’m parked at a Army travel camp relaxing and no tv!!!!!!
I was here with tracer just in January and it was great reception.
Will this require much if I install and new antenna and how will it go up n down no crank in this one
What can I install to make this better
Frustrated
Also my ac lacks they really should have put two in here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BD059D7D-48A0-44B5-8B30-28B85101CFE4.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	482.5 KB
ID:	168344  
MarknLisaTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:59 PM   #2

Have you turned on the booster? It will probably be a small hidden button with a small red led that lights up when on. Without mine on there is absolutely no tv.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #3

I had great reception during my PDI. First trip nothing. Found out the cable at the booster was not connected properly from factory and had fell off on my. I think I have the same unit on my 5th wheel. Owners manual was in drawer. It talks about turning it 90 degrees for "tunning"
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
Have you turned on the booster? It will probably be a small hidden button with a small red led that lights up when on. Without mine on there is absolutely no tv.
Omg you freakin rock that was it!!!!!
Much thanks from me n hubby
Old 04-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I had great reception during my PDI. First trip nothing. Found out the cable at the booster was not connected properly from factory and had fell off on my. I think I have the same unit on my 5th wheel. Owners manual was in drawer. It talks about turning it 90 degrees for "tunning"
Can you explain further
Old 04-15-2018, 06:18 PM   #6

I'm not by my unit or manual. in my bedroom ceiling where the antenna is located is a plastic dial. It shows a home location with an arrow for travel then the manual explains tuning by turning the dial. I do not know the make or model off the top of my head. Just know my unit had a whole drawer of manuals when I brought it home.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #7

Some of the antennas rotate. If I read correctly some are not. My King antenna doesn’t raise up, but it does turn. Some don’t if I understand.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I'm not by my unit or manual. in my bedroom ceiling where the antenna is located is a plastic dial. It shows a home location with an arrow for travel then the manual explains tuning by turning the dial. I do not know the make or model off the top of my head. Just know my unit had a whole drawer of manuals when I brought it home.
Ooh my artic Wolf doesn’t have a dial.
I think it was the switch but seems like something is loose inside hubby is gonna check it out
Old 04-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #9

Our Tracer has the antenna dial in the bedroom ceiling, had really good reception with it during our first outing and didn't even have to move it to pick up stations.
NE Louisiana
2017-32 days camping in a Starcraft popup
2018 4 days camped (popup), 4 days (new tt) 11 days reserved.
Jimmie824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie824 View Post
Our Tracer has the antenna dial in the bedroom ceiling, had really good reception with it during our first outing and didn't even have to move it to pick up stations.
Yes we had that but we sold our 2017 tracer in Jan when we traded it in ffor our 2018 artic Wolf