Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2018, 10:11 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetgeek View Post
We have a '17 274DBH which is very similar to yours and we love it. I installed a 32" TV. I just swapped out our mattress topper and factory P.O.S. mattress with a full queen. There is only a 1/2" to spare by the doors, but it fit. Really you need to measure to make sure, that is all we did. You should unzip the cover and look at the factory P.O.S mattress, it is a joke!!

If this is your first camper....which ours was, you will be a little star struck. I missed a ton of stuff and so did the dealer on a brand new camper. They made good and fixed everything, but I had it for a week before I found everything. It was all quality build issues from the factory. Since you are traveling a distance you don't want to take it back for warranty repair.

1. Make sure all Appliances work. Our Water Heater worked on Electric, but would light and go out on LP. They had to replace the controller.
2. Look for build quality issues, Some have them some don't.
a) There were screws missing around some doors and windows.
b) Look at all the seams and seals for possible water entry. They missed that there was absolutely no seal around the water heater on the outside. Rain could run down the siding behind the water heater and right into the camper. (Probably why the controller failed)
c) Look at tanks under the Trailer. Our fresh water tank was installed crooked and they just crushed it between the floor and the mounting rails. Plus our black water flush hose was installed kinked off, so the flush wouldn't work.

Like I said, we love the camper and layout. Our dealer fixed everything under warranty, but just things to look for. I never thought I would have to find that type of stuff on a brand new camper!! Hopefully some of these suggestions will save you a trip back to the dealer.

Happy camping!!
Here is t a picture of the original factory P.O.S. mattress from our 2017 DBH. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180609_100603.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	175176
gadgetgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:13 AM   #22

Zinus Deluxe Memory Foam 8 Inch RV/Camper/Trailer/Truck Mattress, Short Queen https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRHI05Y..._WfthBb8AN3MHE

This mattress worked out really well for us. I also could not find a better price anywhere else.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakwoodj View Post
We've had our 26dbh vor just about a year.
We love it. I had a 24" tv and it fits just fine. we used a mattress topper that is about 4" foam.

search the web for an extensive prebuy check list. I used it and caught a few things.

Things I missed on this trailer... the main entrance door sticks and rubbed on the frame. they ended up changing the whole thing. Put the stabilizers down during the walk through and have the kids open and close the doors multiple times to make sure they can do it. I can open them but my little one could not.

My shower drain came loose after about 6 months and flooded the insulation on the underside. they covered it but it was probably loose from the factory so make them check all those connections.

My dinette broke the first time my friends used it. You need to add more screw to support the weight or do like me and add some 1x2 feet at the outer edge to carry the load to the floor AND add extra screws.

The gutter seam will leak. get them to give you an extra tube of caulk so you can fix it later or get some roofing tape and fix it now.

My propane hoses and valve started leaking after 3 months and they replaced them.

The touch screen thermostat that is in mine is junko in that it adjusts so easily that kiddos coming into the bunk or sitting on it can change it to heater with their feet by accident.
Iíve had the exact same issues as these with my Ď17 26DBH. Broken dinette and flooded below the shower.
russ68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:43 PM   #24

mattress

We have the same 2018 26DBH. Our solution was to buy a Serta Queen mattress and cut 6 inches off of the length. It wasn't really hard to do. You will need a pair of bolt cutters and a pair of pliers to bend the wires that hold the springs to the wire frames. put the shortened end toward the wall and you will never know that the mattress was cut off.

Terry
Cherokee 264 DBH
Ram 1500 double cab TV.
Terry Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:46 PM   #25

Thanks all for the info.

For now regarding the mattress we bought a Zinus 4" topper for the bed and it seems to be doing the trick. Thanks all for the feedback.

I will have to google gutter seam and tape fix, what should I look for in terms of shower drain being loose?
srgallan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26dbh