Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #1

New 264L Owner

Recently picked up a new 264L to replace a TT that was totaled in a hail storm. We originally went looking for a TT or FW with bunks, but after seeing the power bunk in action we decide that was a better choice for us. Our kids are getting to that age where the wife and I will start doing some trips on our own so bunks would be wasted floor space in the long run.

The first shakedown will happen this coming weekend(17th) so we are looking forward to that. The only thing I can see that could've been better is outside storage. There are only 2 storage compartments on the entire trailer and I've had to rethink and reorganize what I store. I'm already envisioning adding a pull out drawer to the front storage compartment just for my own ease of access.

Any other 264L owners here? Any issues I should watch out for?
Old 05-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #2

So the intial camping weekend in the new TT is over and it was great for the most part. While the 264L is several feet longer that the LT 250 it's replacing, she was a smooth and easy tow down the highway. The floorplan works great for our family with plenty of room without feeling like your right on top of each other and the lack of storage wasn't as big an issue as I feared as I used several plastic boxes to help organize and will add several more this week.

What's a new camper without a few bugs, right? A few items will have to be addressed before the next big trip; the ignition on one of the stove burners has a short, 2 bubbles in the floor vinyl, one of the rear rocking chairs had a hole in it when I removed the plastic, evidently the radio should have a remote that we didn't get, and one of the shades behind the power bunk has a hole that looks like the installer missed the mounting location and just drove another screw threw it. Disappointing of course, but that's the joys of a new camper and why we did the shakedown before we left on any big trips.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Jr. member & newbie

We took delivery on a 264L in April, 2013 as well, but we are totally new to TT's. I tend to try to be prepared for every contingency so storage is a problem for me as well.

In the interest of reducing weight and maximizing storage, I removed that very large folding metal cargo carrier on the bumper (62 lbs) and replaced it with an 8 lb spare tire mount. I then used the mounting holes to mount two very large lockable tool boxes that significantly increased storage and improved access.

I also mounted a 5" square PVC fence post across the bottom to carry the sewer pipe with the fittings intact.

Currently working on a way to mount my 18 gallon sewer tote under the trailer and between the frame rails.
hagar is offline   Reply With Quote