Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2019, 08:14 PM   #1

Thumbs up New Alpha Wolf 27RK-L!

We just purchased a 2019 Alpha Wolf 27RK-L today at the Louisville boat, sport, and RV show. We’ll pick it up next week and take our trade-in which is a 2018 Flagstaff Micro-Lite 25 BHS. We’ve enjoyed that unit over the past year but wanted a set bed rather than the Murphy bed as well as eliminating bunks and adding recliners. Now that the government is open we’ll probably take her out on our first road trip early the next week to some National Park System locations. We’re excited about this new unit and ready to move in!

If anyone has any advice or experience to share on this particular unit, please send it my way! Thanks in advance!

PS - I’ll update my profile info once we actually have the unit at home.

2018 Ford F-150 XLT Supercab V8
2019 Cherokee Alpha Wolf 27’ RK-L
Carolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:15 AM   #2

Hello, I have the 2019 26-DBHL. One thing to know is the"Extreme Weather Arctic Package" is a marketing ploy. All you get is a little extra insulation in the walls, ceiling and floor along with a coloplast belly cover. The there is nothing to insulate between the belly cover and the floor. There is also no heater venting to the underbelly. Basically your three tanks and the fresh water line from the tank to the hole in the floor have "Zero" insulation. I froze my water line at 19 degrees between the tank and pump.

It's basically a 2.5 season trailer.
Cdj1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:31 AM   #3

I have a 26 BH, it is similar. I assume you have the storage drawers under your dinette seats. Check the bottoms. See if they will hold more than 2 towels. I doubt it. Go to home depot and grab a sheet of 1/4" plywood and replace the bottoms.
ChrisMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:40 PM   #4

Thanks ChrisMoore. We do have the storage drawers under the dinette seats. We’ll check this out to see if we need to beef up the structure any.

2018 Ford F-150 XLT Supercab V8
2019 Cherokee Alpha Wolf 27’ RK-L
Carolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:25 AM   #5

Greetings from the Smoky Mountain's. Love my 2019 27rk-l. This floorplan is just right and big enough for the wife and I to spend extended periods of time in after retirement and selling the house. We plan on moving around trying to decide where we might settle down by one of our children and family. If you're ever in the Smoky Mountain's maybe we'll catch up. glad to hear about any mods, upgrades, or issues. thanks
Docjava is offline   Reply With Quote