Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2020, 05:26 PM   #1

New mw member with a question here

Hello everyone, thank you for allowing me to join your club. We just purchased a 2020 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH. We pick it up in about a week and I am trying to purchase things we know we will need. I wonder if anyone can tell me the size of the mattress in the master bedroom. I thought it would be queen but today I had someone tell me that their trailer mattress is a short queen. I had never heard of that and need to know so I order the right size of the Memory foam mattress topper for it.

Thank you!

Celeste
tynerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:15 PM   #2

Best to check with your salesperson or put off purchasing the mattress topper until you buy it.

Many rv mattresses are a 'short queen' which is about 6" shorter than a regular queen. That can be a problem if you've got a tall person. It depends on the rig whether you get a full or a 'short' queen.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Best to check with your salesperson or put off purchasing the mattress topper until you buy it.

Many rv mattresses are a 'short queen' which is about 6" shorter than a regular queen. That can be a problem if you've got a tall person. It depends on the rig whether you get a full or a 'short' queen.
I went to sams club. Got a new sealy queen for 299.00. Had a mattress topper on original mattress. A little longer than original but is a lot better than the old set up. You will love the sealy over the topped mattress. Only about 100.00 more than a topper. Put the old set up in rear for guests.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:17 PM   #4

We have a 2018 274dbh. It too had a queen short. I think that is pretty typical for rvs.

That said we did one summer with the “stock” mattress and then bought our own. We bought a regular queen. It fits just fine and is MUCH more comfortable.

In my opinion every night you sleep on that mattress is a night of poor sleep you could have avoided. Even a low cost mattress from elsewhere would be better.

Days Traveled:2020-43 / 2019-37 / 2018-30
CentralMePistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:06 PM   #5

Congratulations on your new trailer. Our 27dbs had a short queen. Not sure how we would like it, we didn't remove the plastic and tried it out our first trip and hated it. It was terrible, as hard as a rock. Ordered an RV short queen memory foam mattress from amazon (8") for $200 and love it. Ebay has them too.

Since we left the original plastic on the mattress, it made it easy to sell at a garage sale...got $40 for it as I recall.
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:14 PM   #6

New mw member with a question here

Not sure what our trailer had but just before our long trip a couple years ago took the seally queen out of guest room and put it in place of the one in the trlr. Recently downsized guest bed to a full. Original trailer mattress is now cushion top for our benches in dog house. Nothing but foam kinda disappointed in the quality.
moose074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:56 PM   #7

Welcome to the Forum!

I think you will find that most questions about your RV need to be answered by looking at the specific item in the RV. These RV maufacturers use a various number of suppliers for most RV furnishings so you never know the specs of your RV item unless you look at it, measure it and get the manufacturer's name.

If your RV is a model BHFK 33, suggesting that it's 33 feet long, it could be 32 feet long or 34 feet long. You need to measure it. The tires your RV comes with can vary in manufacturer, as can your appliances, your mattress, your sofa-recliners and any TV's.

You almost always have to look carefully at your your specific RV to answer these sorts of questions. The same model trailer can feature different equipment in the same model year. Manufacturers try to cut costs at every turn, especially with things like tires, furniture, or mattresses.

You'll get to know your RV inside out. We wish you a great summer of camping!

2014 Rockwood Signature 8282 Ultra-Lite
2008 RAM 3500 HD DRW Laramie Megacab
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Grapehound is offline   Reply With Quote