Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2022, 11:09 AM   #1

New slide topper

I just received my Lippert Solera slide topper today for my 2022 wolf pup 17JGBL. I have a question about the section above the slide. Does this section have reinforcement all the way up to the edge of the guttering? I’m just trying to figure out the area to place the track. It came with the Solera mounts on the slide section.
phil435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:50 AM   #2

There enough screw holes in the track to hold it in place make sure you mount the track high enough that you have a good angle on the topper to ensure proper runoff.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 05:17 PM   #3

Thanks Seadog! I emailed the factory and their response from their help desk was no help. They said they checked with their warranty rep and they said above the slide. Well that’s obvious, lol. Then said to check with a certified forest river dealer.

With that said, I did get the topper installed this weekend. Here is a pic. I went to the top of the gutter. I probably could have lowered it a bit but the pre-installed brackets on the slide from the factory were at the bottom of the trim. I ended up with a little slope.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0984.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	520.2 KB
ID:	280256
Old 10-09-2022, 07:15 PM   #4

That looks good if you find you get some pooling you can always put a small beach ball between the topper and the slide when you expect rain.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 06:24 AM   #5

I like your helper cooling down in the shade!
And topper looks good.
Sammici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 08:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammici View Post
I like your helper cooling down in the shade!
And topper looks good.
Yeah he was wore out after the install, lol!
Old 10-10-2022, 08:30 AM   #7

Wonder if the slide out brackets could have been rotated 180º without interference to yield more angle.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 08:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Wonder if the slide out brackets could have been rotated 180º without interference to yield more angle.

Can they? Yes, however the bottom course of screws would then be screwed into the edge of the OSB/plywood roofing of the slide which would be no bueno. The top course would be passing through the aluminum slide trim and protruding which would interfere with the trailer siding and bulb seal.

I installed mine the same way, although lower on the slide to achieve some slope. There’s just not much vertical space on these small trailer with large slides.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
Can they? Yes, however the bottom course of screws would then be screwed into the edge of the OSB/plywood roofing of the slide which would be no bueno. The top course would be passing through the aluminum slide trim and protruding which would interfere with the trailer siding and bulb seal.

I installed mine the same way, although lower on the slide to achieve some slope. There’s just not much vertical space on these small trailer with large slides.
It was just a thought if you wanted more slope. Mine do not offer much slope and pooling does occur but that is not an issue as the water drains off when the slides come in. Some people think pooling is a bad thing (don't know what they are afraid of) but I don't and that pooling keeps the slide top bone dry. That's the purpose for the slide toppers.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 03:59 PM   #10

I've noticed that my slides bottom track (schwintek) hops some on about the first foot out on extending. The motor sounds like its bogging down some but then smooths out after this. I don't notice this when retracting the slide and I first noticed this after installing the slide topper. I know the topper will add some tension to the slide. Not sure if its coincidental that I am just noticing it after installing the topper or not?

Tags
slide