Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2018, 10:03 PM   #1

New To Forum-Cherokee Wolf Pup TT Advice

Hello,
I’m new to the forum and looking to get some good information to help me in my decision making process.

Looking to purchase a 2018 Cherokee Wolf Pup 16bhs or 16fq.

Mostly will use as a couples tt, but will take 2 grandkids (3 & 5) from time to time.

Some folks say buy for ourselves first and the kids will fit in..others say to
get the bunks for ease....Your thoughts?

I like the 16fq bed and bathroom...just like a little home. The windows are nice too...Good overall look.

I like tn 16bhs because my grandkids have their special space in the bunks to sleep and play. I also like all the convenient storage.
I must admit, crawling over top each other in the corner bed to get out is not great, but doable.

What I dislike about the 16bhs is no sink in bathroom...I figure we will just wash our hands using the faucet in the bathtub/shower. Not convenient, but more sanitary than the kitchen sink.

We will be pulling the tt with a V6 Toyota 4Runner w/wdh.

Any insight would be appreciated!
Gramping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:08 AM   #2

Out of the two options, I think the FQ is better for you guys. The grandkids can sleep on the floor and they won’t mind it. The grandparents might appreciate brushing your teeth and having a bathroom sink.

If everyone loves camping you can always upsize in a few years when the grandkids are say 9 and 11.
Blackcuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:12 AM   #3

On my older 16FB the dinette can be converted into a small bed. FR doesn't really advertise it as it's not suitable for larger kids or even grown ups, but check if the 16FQ still has that feature.
TheGerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:03 PM   #4

The 16fq does convert. I cut a foam mattress to the size converted and add that to the cushions to make it a lot more comfortable (according to my grandson).
Old 03-04-2018, 05:15 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #6

We have two boys (10 & 12), so we went big and got the 304BH. It has 4 bunks in the back room so that the boys can take friends. With that being said, our boys fight all the time over sleeping on the converted dinette. A lot of times we'll convert it down and watch TV from there and the couch for more room. They think it's great, and even better that the dog can lay there and sleep with them. The one time they took two friends (lesson learned and there may not be another), there were three of them sleeping on the dinette and one on the couch. So don't worry about them having their own area. Hopefully during the day you are out and about and hardly inside the camper.
freyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, wolf pup