Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2017, 12:39 PM   #1

New to group with new Cherokee 234VFK

Just picked up our new 2017 Cherokee 234VFK. Traded in our old 1999 Nomad (was still in great shape for the age). LOVE the V-nose and the kitchen. Going on our first "adventure" with it over the 4th of July weekend. Pulling it with our 2012 F150 Ecoboost Screw. Looking forward to reading others adventures/advice. Click image for larger version

Name:	from showroom.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	143025

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0424.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	143026
Erock67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #2

Welcome! I love the kitchen! So much room!
JBusbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:59 PM   #3

That's very nice!!
Deetellez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock67 View Post
Just picked up our new 2017 Cherokee 234VFK. Traded in our old 1999 Nomad (was still in great shape for the age). LOVE the V-nose and the kitchen. Going on our first "adventure" with it over the 4th of July weekend. Pulling it with our 2012 F150 Ecoboost Screw. Looking forward to reading others adventures/advice. Attachment 143025

Attachment 143026
Looks like the kitchen of our 2018 304BS...only yours...makes a point. 12 days out with ours so far this year....Enjoy your summer with it.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:34 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum from Chagrin Falls, Ohio. Congrats on your new rig.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:10 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum from Farmington Hills Michigan. Slides are the greatest , aren't they?
bobstepsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:14 PM   #7

Welcome from Texas to the forum! Love the kitchen in your camper! Hope you enjoy it for many years.
Harris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:55 AM   #8

That is nice.. Congrats on the new TT. I was looking for the fridge I guess it's in the left slide out. Have a great 4th!
DavidandAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:58 AM   #9
MCTroy

Welcome to the forum and to the Vnose campers. We love our Windjammer... So much so folks are getting tired of hearing us sing its praises! We hope you have fun in your new trailer.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:01 AM   #10

Welcome from Lancaster PA!!

Congrats on the new purchase, love the kitchen!!.

Camped
2016 - 21 nights
2017 - 42 + scheduled....
Life is great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidandAmy View Post
That is nice.. Congrats on the new TT. I was looking for the fridge I guess it's in the left slide out. Have a great 4th!
Yes it is. Next to the table on the slide out. Really gets it out of the way.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Yes it is. Next to the table on the slide out. Really gets it out of the way.
Hello Erock, I just bought the same trailer and haven't had it out yet. Next month we'll be going to the Eastern Sierra. I would just like to hear how yours is doing, any problems or anything. Also are you pulling it with a 1/2 ton truck and how is that. I have a 5.7 Tundra which should be just fine, anyway Congrats and any feedback would be appreciated!!
Bob
TJBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #13

Hi Bob,

Congrats on the new V-nose. We really love ours. We are pulling ours with a 2012 F150 Supercrew Lariat with the 3.5 ecoboost. Our old trailer was about 1500lb lighter but we are getting the same MPG with the heaver V-Nose (avg 10 mpg). We love it. There are only a few things that need to be fixed on it and we are waiting until next early spring to bring it back in for the warranty. Here are some of the problems we have had (again...nothing major)

1. Front door has to be SLAMMED to shut. Back door is fine. Doesn't matter if level or not. We actually had it come open on us on the way back from the dealer. We were right by our house and somebody shouted that our door was open (keep in mind that this was after the dealer walked us through it and shut all the doors). Being outside and shutting it hard is not that big of a deal (besides waking guests up), but shutting it from the inside is a chore.

2. Rain gutters are connected in the middle of the trailer. Heavy silicon in the connection. I keep my firewood in a bin under the trailer. We went to start a fire one night and the wood was soaked (no rain). The AC condensation went in to the gutter and leaked in the middle.

3. One side of the awning does not want to stay down when sloping for rain etc. Have tightened bolts to no avail.

4. Sink sprayer will not stay in the retracted position. I know it will slip when traveling, but won't stay in position at any other time. Hangs there like a pendulum on a clock.

5. Black water gauge is VERY finicky. Just the two of us and we use RV toilet paper (not over excessive) but it will show 2/3 full when we know it's empty. Fill tank full, backwash excessively and it will finally show empty.

I know I'm sounding retentive but these are just the little things that we have noticed. Our old trailer (Nomad) was new in 1999 and we traded it in on our Cherokee. Never had any problems besides new trailer brakes and a new awning after 10 years.

My wife loves the open kitchen area and everybody that sees it notices that right away. I just wish it was designed so our "walk through" bathroom was really a walk through. Wish the door would shut out the toilet and tub when somebody was using it.

Again, it may sound like a lot of complaints, but it's not. We really like this trailer. Here in Northwestern Wisconsin our camping days are numbered so we'll probably take her out once or twice more. Enjoy the Sierra! Keep me in touch and let me know about your adventures with yours. I'd really like to hear them.

Eric
Old 09-23-2017, 10:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Hi Bob,

Congrats on the new V-nose. We really love ours. We are pulling ours with a 2012 F150 Supercrew Lariat with the 3.5 ecoboost. Our old trailer was about 1500lb lighter but we are getting the same MPG with the heaver V-Nose (avg 10 mpg). We love it. There are only a few things that need to be fixed on it and we are waiting until next early spring to bring it back in for the warranty. Here are some of the problems we have had (again...nothing major)

1. Front door has to be SLAMMED to shut. Back door is fine. Doesn't matter if level or not. We actually had it come open on us on the way back from the dealer. We were right by our house and somebody shouted that our door was open (keep in mind that this was after the dealer walked us through it and shut all the doors). Being outside and shutting it hard is not that big of a deal (besides waking guests up), but shutting it from the inside is a chore.

2. Rain gutters are connected in the middle of the trailer. Heavy silicon in the connection. I keep my firewood in a bin under the trailer. We went to start a fire one night and the wood was soaked (no rain). The AC condensation went in to the gutter and leaked in the middle.

3. One side of the awning does not want to stay down when sloping for rain etc. Have tightened bolts to no avail.

4. Sink sprayer will not stay in the retracted position. I know it will slip when traveling, but won't stay in position at any other time. Hangs there like a pendulum on a clock.

5. Black water gauge is VERY finicky. Just the two of us and we use RV toilet paper (not over excessive) but it will show 2/3 full when we know it's empty. Fill tank full, backwash excessively and it will finally show empty.

I know I'm sounding retentive but these are just the little things that we have noticed. Our old trailer (Nomad) was new in 1999 and we traded it in on our Cherokee. Never had any problems besides new trailer brakes and a new awning after 10 years.

My wife loves the open kitchen area and everybody that sees it notices that right away. I just wish it was designed so our "walk through" bathroom was really a walk through. Wish the door would shut out the toilet and tub when somebody was using it.

Again, it may sound like a lot of complaints, but it's not. We really like this trailer. Here in Northwestern Wisconsin our camping days are numbered so we'll probably take her out once or twice more. Enjoy the Sierra! Keep me in touch and let me know about your adventures with yours. I'd really like to hear them.

Eric
I appreciate the feedback Eric. 2 more weeks and we're off. It does sound like just minor problems, your sink faucet has a weight on it which just needs moved up a little. The door sounds like just an adjustment also. I'm a contractor so unless it's a problem that will cost me money i'll just fix things myself. My biggest concern at this point is the Castle Rock C load tires on it. Our first trip will be about 600 miles round trip and the tires will be replaced after that with a better D load tire. I have a 5.7 Tundra, our last trailer was about 1000#s lighter so I'm hoping that V nose helps with gas. We were getting about 9 mpg.

What tires did yours come with? Thanks again Eric and I'll reply again after our trip.
Bob
TJBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #15

Happy to hear how you like your v-nose camper as we’ve been looking at them on line. Love the kitchen, especially! Will look forward to hearing how you like yours, Bob. Currently own a grey wolf 23mk and would like some counter space!

Wendy
wrsees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:25 AM   #16

We have been trailer shopping for the last two months (my brain hurts). The 234 vfk is definitely on the short list so I am very interested in this thread. We liked the floorplan better than any others we have seen and are convinced it will serve our living space requirements nicely. Uses will include long trips as well as local camping. We have a Ram 3500 Diesel so we can pull more but this doesn't mean we want to. This will be our first travel trailer and our towing to date has been limited to hauling equipment around on flatbed. Erock67, thanks for your review; this is just the sort of info we need to help us in our decision. GD
greydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by greydog View Post
We have been trailer shopping for the last two months (my brain hurts). The 234 vfk is definitely on the short list so I am very interested in this thread. We liked the floorplan better than any others we have seen and are convinced it will serve our living space requirements nicely. Uses will include long trips as well as local camping. We have a Ram 3500 Diesel so we can pull more but this doesn't mean we want to. This will be our first travel trailer and our towing to date has been limited to hauling equipment around on flatbed. Erock67, thanks for your review; this is just the sort of info we need to help us in our decision. GD
We love ours. The kitchen really opens it up. We were pulling a trailer that was about 1000 pounds lighter before. With the V-nose were actually getting better mileage (albeit about 1 mpg better..but still). Let me know what we decide.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:32 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsees View Post
Happy to hear how you like your v-nose camper as we’ve been looking at them on line. Love the kitchen, especially! Will look forward to hearing how you like yours, Bob. Currently own a grey wolf 23mk and would like some counter space!

Wendy

Hi there! Here is an update. We are trading our Grey Wolf 23mk for a Cherokee 274VFK! Will pick it up in a few weeks. Really liked the 23mk but wanted the open front kitchen design in the V, counter space and the extra room in the living room. Should be nice to have a hallway into the bedroom also. Does anyone have a 274VFK and is there anything we should look for on our walk-thru? Any issues you’ve had that we can keep an eye out for? Thanks in advance for your advice! Living in upstate NY, I’ll have a winter to look forward to camping in it! -Wendy
wrsees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:52 PM   #19

Picking ours up this Saturday

We have been looking at new campers for a few month and when we saw all the windows and how bright the 2018 Cherokee 274VFK was, we were in love.

We had a Flagstaff Microlite 21FBRS for 4 seasons and have loved it but wanted more space. Plus I upgraded my tow vehicle to an F150 eco boost with max tow package so it is rated to pull 11500. So I think we are ready for a larger camper. I can't wait to get it.

Unfortunately we won't really get to try it until April. But for now it will be fun to get everything settled in.

I'm enjoying reading about everyone else's adventures with their Cherokee 274VFK.
Lucrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:41 PM   #20

Congrats on your new trailer. We have the 274 VFK and love. My wife laughs when I just camp in the drive way.
Danno23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee