Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2019, 08:38 AM   #81
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike60 View Post
WHAT THE H*LL IS THAT MESS!! Dang
You're about 10 days late posting your UPPER CASE question. That mess is the standard caulking around where the TV antenna was once installed. The source of the tape strip is still undetermined since we're all waiting for the OP to return (hopefully) to give us 'the rest of the story'. Several have posted their guesses but no prizes have been awarded.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 56; Booked = 50
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:42 AM   #82
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobh1 View Post
I would be interested to know the dealers explanation of scavaging the tt for parts, then offering it for sale as a new unit. Am I right in assuming that the dealer offered to replace all the missing parts? While it may not have left the lot, the original parts that were installed at the factory are not on the unit. Soooo...... no legal advice offered or inferred here. Just another lesson on due diligence in life. Hope all is resovled to the owners satisfaction.
Some here are not convinced the highlighted information above is factual information.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 56; Booked = 50
Old 10-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #83

Just odd when OP's go away .... watching
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #84

New TT

If all else fails - Trailer Life Magazine - has an Ombudsman that will help you resolve your problem
Bradjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #85

So after talking to the dealer , the best they would offer me was putting the antenna on . And for my troubles they came to my house to fix it . I also had them put in 4 new stabilizers because these ones were peeling paint and they fixed a broken clip as well
. The first time they came they ordered the wrong antenna .

They didn’t really think it was as big as a deal as I did ... said it happens all time . They take parts off other trailers to fix. Customers and then replace them later . I tried contacting forest river but they never replied .
Drrm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:59 PM   #86
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrm80 View Post
So after talking to the dealer , the best they would offer me was putting the antenna on . And for my troubles they came to my house to fix it . I also had them put in 4 new stabilizers because these ones were peeling paint and they fixed a broken clip as well

They didnít really think it was as big as a deal as I did ... said it happens all time . They take parts off other trailers to fix. Customers and then replace them later . I tried contacting forest river but they never replied .
Bob is traveling from one rally in Florida to another further west on the way to the Grand Canyon. He is also handling the details of a major rally in New Mexico later this month.

Is the dealership giving you the TV they took out?
Herk
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #87
Site Team

Quote:

They didn’t really think it was as big as a deal as I did ... said it happens all time . They take parts off other trailers to fix. Customers and then replace them later . I tried contacting forest river but they never replied .

Thanks for returning with an update.
You always say "contact Forest River". We asked if you contacted Cherokee and you said
Quote:
I think thats who I contacted . When I went to the contact us on their website I clicked travel trailers / Cherokee .
It really would have been better to know for sure you tried to contact Cherokee. As a matter of fact, I would still make another attempt to contact Cherokee specifically.

Does any one here have contact information for Cherokee service? Thanks.

Old 10-18-2019, 02:19 PM   #88

Quote:

They didnít really think it was as big as a deal as I did ... said it happens all time . They take parts off other trailers to fix. Customers and then replace them later . I tried contacting forest river but they never replied .
It sounds like all went well, then. I donít know what more you would want from them other than to replace the antenna. Thatís all it needed. If there was any water intrusion from when the antenna wasnít there, you would see staining on the ceiling below, and you didnít mention anything like that.

Itís an added bonus that they replaced the stabilizers when they came out to you instead of you either painting or replacing them yourself, or having to take the trailer to them and wait for...who knows how long?

I think your dealer took good care of you, except for mistakingly letting you drive away with the antenna missing ó and maybe a television. Mistakes happen and people forget things ó sort of like the mistake you made of forgetting to check out the roof during your PDI. I seriously doubt that any dealer would have intentionally sent you on your way knowing there was a problem like this. Itís not like it is something you would never notice.

Iím happy that you are all taken care of.

Bruce
Old 10-18-2019, 02:34 PM   #89

When I purchased mine a few months back, I found some issues as we all do. They had the exact same trailer on the lot but I was told they were not allowed to swap any parts from the other trailer and had to go through FR and have new parts sent. I'm assuming this is just a dealership thing and not FR since other dealers apparently swap parts from other ones on the lot?
HemiHemi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:35 PM   #90
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
TV's are "Options" in a TON ! of trailers. They don't all come with TV's installed. I've never bought a Trailer that came with one.

Of the seven I have owned ALL came with one or more TV's.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:01 PM   #91
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybeck2018 View Post
Of the seven I have owned ALL came with one or more TV's.
So now weíve seen both sides of this pancake. Sounds right to me.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:22 PM   #92

I looked at the specs for the OP's camper and there is no television listed. Granted this is from a dealer and not FR, but I couldn't find the specs on FR.

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2019-...-264ck-tr38364

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Thanks for returning with an update.
You always say "contact Forest River". We asked if you contacted Cherokee and you said It really would have been better to know for sure you tried to contact Cherokee. As a matter of fact, I would still make another attempt to contact Cherokee specifically.

Does any one here have contact information for Cherokee service? Thanks.
Iím sorry It took me some time to repost. I travel for work and have been on the road for the past week . They were suppose to come when I was home but it was raining . Unfortunately I was traveling when they made it the first time . They went to fix it earlier in the week but. Brought wrong antenna . They only just finished yesterday . I did not want to post anything without a full resolution .

I had reached out to the Cherokee forest river division from there website . I had submitted something on the contact us forum . No one had responded . I have not had time to do much research for other numbers . If anyone has any contact info I will still like to talk to them . I wasnít sure what to expect because of other stories I had read of forest river customer service .

I also have heard mixed reviews of if my rv has came with tvs , nothing said it had tvs just said tv ready .
Old 10-18-2019, 04:09 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry0071 View Post
I am wondering the television not being there is correct or not? How was this optioned? You should get a Forest River build sheet with each item installed and the serial number. I think I would open up your folder that they gave you and look for that sheet, mine I believe was on pink paper and is a hand written (sloppy) list of brands/model numbers/serial numbers for all added doo-dads. My television is on that list, as is an instruction booklet from the television manufacturer.

Maybe... maybe the antenna was taken off during shipping to the dealership or maybe it was taken to install onto another unit at the dealership lot, then possibly the dealer decided to just remove television from the unit so that there is no questions about the missing ability to get television over the air channels?
I saw this pink sheet somewhere in the trailer , Iíll go see what it says when I have a chance
Old 10-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #95
Site Team

The "pink Sheet" is the build sheet. It should include every OEM item installed in the RV along with model # and serial number. It is a very important piece of paper to have should you need parts or repairs as manufacturers and model #s of OEM items can change during a model year run.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:22 PM   #96

Iíll post pictures of the work they did when I can get to a ladder to inspect it tomorrow. I am also waiting for the dealer to send me the picture I requested of what it looked like after they cleaned all the caulking off prior to installing the new antenna . They did install a black antenna ... and I have all white accessories up top . Not sure why they did not go with the white option , but I guess I didnít specify.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:39 PM   #97

I have no advice but I can empathize. Forest River doesn't seem to be responding to me but I was told that the "dealers" are not franchises and not matter how lousy they may be and how bad the ethics are, they can sell the units. At least an auto dealership is a franchise and the brand corporation makes them tow the line. Welcome to the club - I just joined myself but the damage was not that bad.
coolgsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:41 PM   #98
Site Team - Lou

I still HIGHLY recommend contacting "F.R.O.G." here via Private Message or from his contact email at the Forest River Owners Group web site.

The factory customer service has your build sheet and can really be a big help. Bob (at FROG) is a terrific asset that can be a big help getting to the right person at Cherokee. He is traveling right now and it may take a bit for him to get back to you. BUT HE WILL.

Herk
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:00 PM   #99
Benchdog

Personally, I would revoke my contract, ask for my money back, and purchase a new Grey Wolf from a better dealer.

Check out this thread:
Forest River Forums > Forest River Community Forums > RV Industry News, Recalls, and Service Bulletins.
Will RV industry start building a better product?

2019 Grey Wolf
20RDSE
2019 Tundra

"Enjoying Family and Life"
benchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:10 PM   #100
Benchdog

Quote:
If anyone has any contact info I will still like to talk to them.
Heather (260) 499-2009
Sabrina (260)499-2100

2019 Grey Wolf
20RDSE
2019 Tundra

"Enjoying Family and Life"
benchdog is offline   Reply With Quote