Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2022, 10:59 AM   #1

New Wolf Pup 17JGBL floor pop

Hello all! I just brought home my new 2022 Wolf Pup 17JGBL over the weekend and so far I am very pleased with the design. However, when I step in the middle of the floor in front of the kitchen area I hear a pop in the floor. I assume there is a screw that missed the joist or something. I haven't looked underneath the camper but is everything covered so that I will not be able to see the joists? I noticed that when they were pulling in the slide during the walkthrough that the slide trim piece was rubbing against the floor near this area. I did put a level across the floor and I didn't notice anything out of level.
phil435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 12:14 PM   #2

Our floor wasn't fastened down to the subfloor when we bought ours. Fixed under warranty. I don't know how, but maybe injected glue and placed weight on the floor until it dried??
Old 09-12-2022, 12:20 PM   #3

You should probably have the dealer look at it and repair the items under warranty. At least call them and get on their waiting list for repairs.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:34 AM   #4

I called the dealer and they are putting us on the "list". They said that forest river has to approve the repairs before any work can be done. I know this process will probably take awhile so I went ahead and removed the trim board at the bottom of the slide and checked it for sags. The board itself was straight. I put a 7ft level across the floor where it rubs and it does have a small bow in the floor. This is where the floor was giving while stepping on it. I can take my hand and push down here and I can see the floor deflect so it is either bowed or a screw is not fastened. I ended up raising the center of the trim board and this helped until the dealer can fix the flooring issue and my vinyl and trim will at least not get destroyed.

I have purchased 2 new forest river products this year a 2318G that I traded for my Wolf Pup 17JGBL. The thing that I noticed with both is that the quality control doesn't exist at Forest River. I know it is hard to find help today but does no one take pride in their workmanship today. I noticed small things like sawdust and metal shavings that was not cleaned when holes were drilled and caulking that was terrible or missing around the tub area. With all that said and venting over , I am very pleased with the layout and look of the new Wolf Pup .
phil435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 03:09 PM   #5

QC is pretty non-existent in probably every industry. Reaping what we've sewn I'm afraid.

Tags
floor, wolf pup