Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2024, 10:58 AM   #1

No power after light change

One of the LED lights was sticking when I would press the button, so I tried to swap it out with another light. When I did one of the lights didn't work so I either left it as it was or I just took it out. But later in the night the lights started to flicker on and off all the power did and then eventually all the power just went out so I fixed the lights and made sure that they were correctly attached and tried to turn the power back on but the circuit breaker won't turn on and I don't know what to do. 2018 Forest River Cherokee 274RK.
2018FRCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 11:19 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. In order to help solve your issue we are going to need little more information. Note you have two power systems in your TT. 120e A/C, tv and electrical outlets. 12VDC which is powered from your battery and/or converter when connected to shore power which runs lights, controls for heat, radio and water pump. With this background.
Are you connected to shore power or generator?
What is the battery voltage?
When you replaced the light did you wire the polarity correctly. Note: Unlike standard household lights, LEDs are polarity sensitive.
12VDC items are protected by fuses 120VAC items are protected by breakers. Other than the breaker for the converter, no breakers should be involved with 12VDC items.

Have you tried replacing the light with the sticky switch to see if the system works again?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 11:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018FRCherokee View Post
One of the LED lights was sticking when I would press the button, so I tried to swap it out with another light. When I did one of the lights didn't work so I either left it as it was or I just took it out. But later in the night the lights started to flicker on and off all the power did and then eventually all the power just went out so I fixed the lights and made sure that they were correctly attached and tried to turn the power back on but the circuit breaker won't turn on and I don't know what to do. 2018 Forest River Cherokee 274RK.
To RESET a circuit breaker, one must first turn it off and then back on. When a breaker trips it will have a soft or spongey feel when trying to reset it. Fully OFF and then fully ON is the correct way.

As FLYBOB said, there are two systems, one is 120 volts AC and is controlled by circuit breakers, and the other is 12 volts DC and is protected by fuses.

Since you mention LED lights, there are 12-volt DC LED bulbs and there are household lamp types that are also LED. So which one is it?

Sounds as though your converter is not charging the battery. The converter is powered from 120 volts AC and is protected by a circuit breaker.

One needs a volt meter or DVM to better diagnose the issue.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 12:21 PM   #4

The LED light seems more like an electrical problem than a COVID-19 problem. Perhaps a moderator should move the thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BAE0F67B-748F-4360-941C-4E0A537966CC.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	296592  

Tags
light, no power, power