Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2024, 08:59 PM   #1

Angry No Radio?!

I just ordered an Alpha Wold 280QBS. I saw that it has a bluetooth sound system, but I never saw an AM/FM radio in any of the pictures or videos that I saw. My salesperson said that it does not some with a radio and a lot of RV's now do not come with them. I like to listen to local radio to get the latest news and weather and to find out local happenings. Plus, I don't want to tie up my phone and a lot of places I camp have very spotty cell service. My sales person could not offer me a solution on playing FM radio through the RV's sound system. Any of you have have a solution for this?
brent-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 10:42 PM   #2

You may need an AM/FM radio with bluetooth output.

However, most audio systems have an AUX port that will allow you to plug in another device like a radio.
What is the make/model of the Bluetooth speakers?

On the www.forestriverinc.com site there is an OWNERS tab where they have manuals for the Bluetooth systems.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-27-2024, 10:44 PM   #3

If your Bluetooth sound system is not Bluetooth only, and has a line-in connection, you could use something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-8GB-C...04&sr=8-3&th=1

I've had one for about 10 or 15 years, and even gave my son one because I was so impressed with it.
We often use it in the camper trailer listening to the tons of music I have on the SD card in it, but I sometimes use the FM radio function when I'm mowing. The radio reception has been really impressive for something so tiny.
You could have a look and see if it might meet your needs.
I can't say how well the radio might receive stations inside the trailer because I've never tried that, however we've had good luck using a portable radio with a telescoping antenna sitting on the dinette table beside the window. (To conserve trailer battery while boondocking)

BTW, mine still functions fine, and a battery charge still lasts for many hours.

There may be Bluetooth versions of a similar device if you're limited to Bluetooth only.
Virginian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 06:29 AM   #4
Retired Army MSG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent-b View Post
I just ordered an Alpha Wold 280QBS. I saw that it has a bluetooth sound system, but I never saw an AM/FM radio in any of the pictures or videos that I saw. My salesperson said that it does not some with a radio and a lot of RV's now do not come with them. I like to listen to local radio to get the latest news and weather and to find out local happenings. Plus, I don't want to tie up my phone and a lot of places I camp have very spotty cell service. My sales person could not offer me a solution on playing FM radio through the RV's sound system. Any of you have have a solution for this?
Not sure if this will apply to your model, however, my daughter and son in law purchased a new Rockwood Travel Trailer back in November. Their rig has the Bluetooth sound bar as you have stated, however, the TV has a radio integrated into it. We thought this was strange but maybe another angle some of the manufacturers are now moving toward.
lazyjj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 09:11 AM   #5
Site Team

The new Sunseeker / Forester motorhomes also have the AM/FM radio built in to the Connex brand main TV. Check your TV really close...
Old 02-28-2024, 09:22 AM   #6

Maybe the manufacturer saved $10 on the radio delete, and passed that savings on to you! Now you get to go buy a decent sound system that meets you needs.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:31 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies. I emailed Forest River. This was their reply:
"The best alternative if you do not want to tie your phone is to purchase a small plug in A.M. FM radio."
Not exactly sure what what was meant by plug in radio I asked if it had a Aux. input on it.
"No unfortunately, you will have to purchase one that plugs into the wall."
brent-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 09:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent-b View Post
Thanks for the replies. I emailed Forest River. This was their reply:
"The best alternative if you do not want to tie your phone is to purchase a small plug in A.M. FM radio."
Not exactly sure what what was meant by plug in radio I asked if it had a Aux. input on it.
"No unfortunately, you will have to purchase one that plugs into the wall."

I'd be surprised if the sound system didn't have an AUX plug.
They do make FM radios that will transmit to a bluetooth audio system. Here's an example (just an example, I haven't researched for the best one) https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Soun...1c7ed514b&th=1

Tags
radio