Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2021, 04:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
The Murphy Bed has some real comfort issues. Add a pad to the mattress and definitely add more support on the sofa when the bed is down. Otherwise, the mattress will sink in the middle because the sofa is made of very soft foam and the mattress sits on top of it when folded out. They changed the design in 2021 and added a bed board as part of the pull-down murphy bed.
We are towing ours with a Jeep 4x4 Grand Cherokee and it has no problems. Make certain you add a sway stabilizer and weight distribution to your hitch setup.
Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:16 PM   #22

I have a 2020 kind of left over with the regular queen bed. Mattress not that comphy, put a feather cover/pad on it. I tow with a 2010 ford flex with the 3.5 ecoboost. Use a WDH hitch rated @ 600 lbs most the times, have gone on shorter trips without. Flex is rated at 4500 and 450 hitch and does fine. my fridge is 110 or propane and will go for a 5 day trip using a little heat in the trailer on the propane.
NWFungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:13 PM   #23

I have a 2021 and it does not have the bed board. Do you have any pictures or other info? Is it a matter of just adding a piece of plywood that sits on top of the sofa? I did add some boards under the spot where the sofa transitions to the bed.
Roamers68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 07:57 AM   #24

We just sold our 2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ. Used all season last year. Very uncomfortable bed due to the fold in the middle. Loved everything about the trailer except two things. The uncomfortable bed and having to put it up in the morning and put it down at night. Went with the Cherokee 274BRB for the space and bedroom. It will be nice not worrying about that Murphy bed.
vwhowrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:31 AM   #25

Old thread.
Just wanted to add that I inadvertently took my 2019 16BHS camping with a full FW tank. I had also removed the spare carrier from the rear rack and put it under the front bed. My tongue weight was just under 700# per Haulgauge!
Separate issue. Much easier to change in a 30# propane tank vs. adding the hoses & dual tank mount to add a second 20#. IMO, a 40# tank would be unsafe in the factory mount. IF I was to go boondocking, Iíll bring the old 20# as a spare.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:23 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by x94cherry View Post
Hi all--we're looking at buying a 2020 or 2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ. It looks like a really good fit for us and there seem to be a lot of them for sale. I have some specific questions and would love to hear about owners' experiences.

How is the 12v refrigerator? It sure is nice and big and probably less trouble than propane, but we'll be doing a fair amount of camping without hookups and I'm wondering how long it can run on the battery. Have people installed extra batteries or solar panels to help with this?

How useful is the convertible sofa setup and is the bed comfortable? We love the idea of having a couch but it looks like a lot of work to convert it. If you buy a new one-piece mattress, can you still convert the bed into a couch?

What are you towing it with? It's one of the heavier trailers we're looking at. We have a Toyota Highlander with a 5,000 lb towing capacity, so the Wolf Pup seems to be well under the limit, but I'd love to hear others' experiences.

Any other issues? Things you love or hate? Thanks for your help!

Gabe
I have a 2021 BHS16. It has the 12 V refrigerator in that runs off of solar . I also have the Queen in the front with storage underneath. But I am having trouble accessing the storage since the Queen bed constantly hits the headboard. The refrigerator is nice and roomy,, except that you can't adjust the shelves because the door doesn't open all the way due to the bathroom door. I tow mine with a 2018 Chevy traverse and just had a electronic braking system added, it did just fine.
AmyKKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:30 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKKV View Post
I also have the Queen in the front with storage underneath. But I am having trouble accessing the storage since the Queen bed constantly hits the headboard.
It twists a little when lifting because the lift handle is not WEIGHT centered, it is appearance positioned. Lift the bed up a little and then find itís gravity lift center, where it feels centered weight wise. Move the handle there. Another reason it off centers is that the pneumatic gas struts or not evenly positioned. Door side one is on the bed edge, head board side is one stud in, making the lift uncentered.
We ended up taking the head board out. Still have that drop space we fill with a body pillow but a standard vice short/RV queen mattress could be used. We put our phones & such on the window toppers. iPads go into a wall mount metal mesh file/magazine holder.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:42 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
It twists a little when lifting because the lift handle is not WEIGHT centered, it is appearance positioned. Lift the bed up a little and then find itís gravity lift center, where it feels centered weight wise. Move the handle there. Another reason it off centers is that the pneumatic gas struts or not evenly positioned. Door side one is on the bed edge, head board side is one stud in, making the lift uncentered.
We ended up taking the head board out. Still have that drop space we fill with a body pillow but a standard vice short/RV queen mattress could be used. We put our phones & such on the window toppers. iPads go into a wall mount metal mesh file/magazine holder.
Thank you. Will try the above. My Dad also suggested removing the headboard and either taking off 1-2 inches so.it won't hit or just leaving it off.
AmyKKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:29 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKKV View Post
I have a 2021 BHS16. It has the 12 V refrigerator in that runs off of solar . I also have the Queen in the front with storage underneath. But I am having trouble accessing the storage since the Queen bed constantly hits the headboard. The refrigerator is nice and roomy,, except that you can't adjust the shelves because the door doesn't open all the way due to the bathroom door. I tow mine with a 2018 Chevy traverse and just had a electronic braking system added, it did just fine.
I tow my 16BHS BL with a 2020 Traverse! How has it gone for you? Do you use Tow/Haul mode or just AWD?

Finally another 16BHS owner with a Traverse! I'd love to know more about your set up, where you tow, gas mileage, etc.
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:23 PM   #30

Hey Everyone, new to the forum- I am about to place an order for a 2021 16FQ and the dealer told me that the standard for them to order are Advantage, Camping and Safety Package- Is the Wolf Pup Limited Package a set of standard things that come with? I haven't been able to find a 16FQ without the Limited stamp/Options.
Campn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:32 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campn07 View Post
Hey Everyone, new to the forum- I am about to place an order for a 2021 16FQ and the dealer told me that the standard for them to order are Advantage, Camping and Safety Package- Is the Wolf Pup Limited Package a set of standard things that come with? I haven't been able to find a 16FQ without the Limited stamp/Options.
I donít know why they list those packages, AFAIK they are pretty much standard.
Look into the Black Label upgrade, very nice improvements.
Also strongly consider the Adventure package. On the 16BHS, that changes the 3500# axle to a 5000# axle, 15Ē vice 14Ē tires and a few other things. Increases your CCC tremendously.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:23 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
I donít know why they list those packages, AFAIK they are pretty much standard.
Look into the Black Label upgrade, very nice improvements.
Also strongly consider the Adventure package. On the 16BHS, that changes the 3500# axle to a 5000# axle, 15Ē vice 14Ē tires and a few other things. Increases your CCC tremendously.
He ain't lying! The ~$550 upgrade cost for the Adventure package is well worth the money. Better axle, better tires, significantly more cargo capacity, and the ground clearance is fantastic. It does raise the front profile of the TT so your frontage area goes up so wind resistance is a bit more of an issue.

As for the Black Label extras, they're all flash! The Gel coat fiberglass is nice, and the frameless windows look good, but the quality has been lacking in those lately. The solid surface countertop is quite nice, as is the MaxxAir bathroom fan.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210222_145408389~2.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	252166Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210203_115140372.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	252167Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210203_153243784_HDR.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	252168Click image for larger version