Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2023, 01:10 PM   #1

quick drop stabilizers

Brand new to the forum and recently picked up our new Wolf Pup BL. Having had electric stabilizers in the past I was happy to see the same style of stabilizers, only manual, being installed by FR. They drop down with a vertical bar and one at 45 degrees instead of the scissor style of jack. The problem is that there is a caution sticker on them as well as in the manual that states they should not be used with less than 16" of ground clearance! They are at 14" inches sitting level now in the raised position! When is a campground spot ever level and there are many times when the front end is only inches from the ground. I called both Lippert and FR and they both are totally confused! How can the builders put on stabilizers that don't work or with that type of caution? What trailer is ever more than 16" from the stabilizer to the ground except for very large ones and they usually have auto leveling systems.
Has anyone else looked into this yet?
wolfnwillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 01:23 AM   #2

I just bought the Forest River 26CJ and have the same question/issues. I even made a few comments about it on their youtube videos from camping world. Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'll let you know if I make any headway. Even in their walkthrough show-off videos on youtube, the jacks aren't even deployed correcty in accordance with the label.
Camperman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 09:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperman83 View Post
I just bought the Forest River 26CJ and have the same question/issues. I even made a few comments about it on their youtube videos from camping world. Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'll let you know if I make any headway. Even in their walkthrough show-off videos on youtube, the jacks aren't even deployed correcty in accordance with the label.
As you can see from the lack of responses, we must be the only ones who are noticing it. FR customer service was useless and after numerous calls to them and Lippert they both just did a CYA and said they were within specs. Initially Lippert had no idea why FR was putting them on with the lack of clearance. After using it now for almost a year, we have never come close to being perpendicular as the Lippert manual states even on concrete pads. Often I am at an angle where the little flag on the side shows no clearance, dictating I am not at a safe angle, according to Lippert's diagrams. FR also stated the 16 inch clearance is from the bottom of the frame. Again, that doesn't match up on my Wolf Pup. We are living with it and glad they are there primarily for stabilization and not support.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:21 AM   #4

quick drop stabilizers

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I'm going to live with it too. I'll see if I can make some tweaks to it to get a little more clearance, but I'm pretty sure I have the legs retracted into the sleeve as far as they will go.
Camperman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 12:29 PM   #5

Just got a 2024 Wolf Pup BL and I was wondering the same thing. I'll stalk this post to see if anyone eventually has some insight...
Old 05-13-2024, 12:37 PM   #6

I'd just use them as they are, regardless of the ground clearance. Just remember they are stabilizers and are NOT to be used to level the trailer.

The trailer MUST be level left to right and front to back before the stabilizers are deployed.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 05:14 PM   #7

The sticker said something about having that 16" clearance from the mounting plate. Just measured mine and it was 17" from the mounting plate (on the frame) to the ground. I think it has an Adventure Package which from what I read includes a 2" lift and 15" tires. The thread that talked about the Adventure Package is https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ge-218225.html
Old 05-14-2024, 07:01 PM   #8

My 2024 E-Pro is 19" from the mounting plate to the ground. Mine also has the 15" tire and lifted package. I think that what they are designed for vs the lower trailers.
Old 05-30-2024, 01:39 PM   #9

My new 2024 Salem Cruise Lite has same issue. Lippert quick drop stabilizers are 14” from ground clearance. They never deploy fully as Lippert designed. Waiting to hear from dealer.
Sp4rtacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 12:41 PM   #10

I am glad to see that some people are seeing this thread and hope others will as well and add to it. It might get some traction from FR as to why they are putting these on trailers with less than the recommended 16" of clearance. Again, since they are only there for stabilization and after using them for almost a year now I "think" they are okay and doing their job. Although the red flag is often in the bad zone. But if you take Lippert's instructions and warnings literally, it appears they could be subject to slipping or collapsing.

Tags
stabilizer, stabilizers