Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2018, 05:06 PM   #1

Ram 2500 and Arctic Wolf

Need a little help setting my hitch height and level camper. 2018 ram 2500 with 5th wheel prep. Reese adapter and 15k reese slider. Camper is a 2018 Arctic Wolf 285drl4 with turning point pin box.. Used to pull with a 2010 chevy 2500hd. Bed heights seems significantly higher. Is anyone else running this set up? Need some advice due to being first 5th wheel.
jeffreylilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #2

Unfortunately there is not a whole lot that can be done, I am in the same boat. I guess it's either raise the 5th wheel suspension or lower the tv. If you have an 8ft truck bed the hitch options for a lower profile are greater.
Sanibel 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:04 AM   #3

I don't have that same setup but you should be able to lower the hitch head and / or raise the pin box. The turning point looking like it has two sets of mounting holes. The upper ones will help accommodate a higher truck bed and hitch. Same with the Reese slider. It should have mounting holes along the sides of the hitch head. The lower bolt holes help accommodate a higher truck bed. Have you made those adjustments?
2015 Coachmen Apex 259BHSS 50th Anniversary (sold)
rjc1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:56 AM   #4

You are correct, I forgot about raising the pin box. That said on my set-up 2018 Primetime Sanibel and 2015 Ram 3500 SRW short bed with a Pull Rite Super Glide hitch. I can raise my pin box about 1 inch (almost not worth it) the hitch has zero up and down adjustments. I am able to lower the factory air suspension but again I can only gain about an inch to an inch and a half. I am riding about 3 to 4 inches high in the nose.
Sorry for hijacking the OP's question. Good luck and safe travels, if you find the magic set-up please pass it on.
Sanibel 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:47 AM   #5

Thanks guys. Lowered the hitch height this morning. With hitch plate level its 54 inches from the ground and that's flat in my shop. Hitch plate is 5 inches lower than top of bed rails. Should give me 7 inches of clearance and room to go one more hole on my hitch lower. Heading back to camper tomorrow to hook up and see where I am. I have tools packed to attempt to move pin box as well. I'm open to any other suggestions.
jeffreylilley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags