Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #1

Rapid Jack

I would like to buy the Andersen Rapid Jack in case I ever have a flat and need to raise the flat tire off the ground. I have read MANY complaints on a google search about experiences some have had that it will not lift the wheel high enough to get the job done. Before I spend money on something like this, I would like to hear from someone who actually owns a Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DJSE or 26BH that has used one of these and can tell me if it works or not.
PinTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:01 PM   #2

No experience with it, I actually bought the knock off one but after reading how it can overload the one axle I decided not to use it and got a bottle jack
mz_cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #3

I am no expert. I am not looking for an argument. I have no degree in mechanical engineering, but I do have some mechanical and common sense. I cannot see how raising the "average towable RV" with an aid like that could damage the tire, suspension or components. I might see how it could damage the frame, but not the other stuff. It is a temporary situation as you are not driving on one axle etc... YMMV

FWIW I own an aid device and hope they give it away unused after I go to the happy hunting ground.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #4

I've not seen it used on your particular unit, but I do know they don't work well on torsion axles or some of the MORryde LRE suspensions. These suspensions have more travel that a standard leaf spring / equalizer setup and the Anderson wedge simply doesn't provide enough elevation.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:20 PM   #5

Rapid Jack

My experiences with a 35 foot bumper pull. and a 40 foot fifth wheel

I have a traileraid and recently purchased the Anderson rapid Jack—Both devices are about the same level of effectiveness.

I have used these devices many times over the years to change tires. The question of whether or not it will lift the bad tire off the ground is a function of the ground surface/level/grade etc. It has lifted the bad tire on some occasions.

Most cases it gets the bad wheel 85 or 90% then I use a bottle for 3-4 pumps and I can change the wheel.

Ideal? Not really—but it is fast and stable which is more than I can say for just a bottle jack alone.

Fast and stable is what I want while on the side of the highway when I have to change a wheel.
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote