Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2020, 02:54 PM   #1

Rear Living area Floor

So those of you who have the large living area with dual slides in the rear like the 291RL, 298LB, 3550SUITE, 3660SUITE, how much bounce does your floor have in the middle? Does your island move up and down when someone walks around in that area?

On my 3660 the floor is floating at least an inch above the frame when the slides are out and I can see the island move and can feel the floor move when walking on it. I also notice that the table and chairs on the camp slide are not level but pitch down at the wall by 2* even though the slide is showing plumb at the seal.

I don't know if this is normal, or a defect. I contacted FR, but haven't heard back yet, but want to get more information before taking it in for service for the street slide seal.

While I haven't seen any water enter yet, the rear seal on the kitchen slide is ~3/16" away from the top 8" of the wall, I can stick my finger in there and just touch the seal, in fact it doesn't touch the wall for at least a foot while it is extending, but touches it for the first foot or so, which means the wall is not square at the wall/roof corner. The seal itself if installed correctly as can be seen when the slide is roughly half way out/in. I wonder if this needs to go back to the factory to have the slide replaced and the floor properly secured.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:04 AM   #2

What year is your rig? Are you saying your floor sags 1" before contacting the floor framework when you walk on it? 2" on a 44" table is hard to believe not saying its not so just finding that extreme. When you place a 24" level on the slide floor what reading do you get plumb at the seal really doesn't say much. If this rig is this far off and still new I wold think FR would need to repair it.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:44 AM   #3

I sent an email to FR about the floor, claim it is normal, but only way to get confirmation is from actual owners. It is a 2020 model, and it is 2 degrees out of level, not inches. There is noticeable movement and noise when walking across as it is not secured in the middle at all, just the perimeter.

I have this knack of being able to align things and measure with just my eyes, and can tell when something is slightly off level, and sitting at the table I can clearly see it is not right. I place my iphone on the table with the level app on and it is -2* towards the window. Iphone is dead accurate when compared to a bubble level too, and I had realigned the auto level so it is dead level too, so it is either the table is off, or the slide is off, just haven't dug into it yet. My main concern is the floor, I can actually see a bow to it.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor