Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2017, 10:32 PM   #1

Replacing my Furrion Radio 274Dbh

Anyone know if I can swap out my piece of crap Furrion radio for a Jenson model like this one on Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01979UKMM/..._urCvzbTMJPFAR
Astpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:30 PM   #2

I'll agree.. garbage.
Thelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:59 PM   #3

Bluetooth never worked very good but then DVDs stopped playing. It's a horrible unit which is why I wanted to see if anyone has changed it out
Old 07-02-2017, 09:40 PM   #4

I haven't changed the Furrion that came in my Wolf Pup.... yet. With that being said from my poking around to add a second tv I noticed that the stock radio is called a single DIN. From what I can tell, the radio you are looking at is considered a double DIN. Basically the hole size needed for the radio case needs to be bigger. I didn't notice how the radio is mounted, so it could be as easy as making the hole in the cabinet bigger.
Not really the reply you were looking for, but I hope this helps.
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astpman View Post
Bluetooth never worked very good but then DVDs stopped playing. It's a horrible unit which is why I wanted to see if anyone has changed it out
At least yours worked. I've yet to get mine to work. I pulled everything to make sure the composite cables were hooked up on the back of the radio. I pulled the plate in the ceiling to make sure they were attached. Has yet to work. I still can't figure out why they don't use HDMI. I just bring my bluray player typically. Even still. It should work.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:04 PM   #6

I had mine replaced under warranty. The original one would quit playing DVD's after about 45 minutes. Since they replaced it I have had no other problems. Now when I play a DVD the audio comes out over the speakers in the trailer. It never did that before. Makes me wonder if the first one was hooked up correctly. I have a '17 274DBH that we bought last August. I agree that Furrion does lack some quality. I thought about their back up/observation camera that the trailer came wired for, but after reading about them on this forum I bought a wireless camera off of Amazon for $84.00 that works better than I thought it would, and has a bigger screen than the Furrion. Good luck if you decide to go with a Jenson. Let us know how it goes.
Jack Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:17 PM   #7

Just purchased a new Radio will post some pics on the install. The Furrion that our campers come with look like a double din but they have actually have a double din face but single din body. Kind of strange but I guess they needed the space with all the cables running back there.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astpman View Post
Just purchased a new Radio will post some pics on the install. The Furrion that our campers come with look like a double din but they have actually have a double din face but single din body. Kind of strange but I guess they needed the space with all the cables running back there.

I am interested in how your swap/install went. Did your new unit still use composite for DVD or did you change out to HDMI?

We just bought our 274VFK and I was surprised that in a 2018 they use composite cables. The TV I bought said it had composite and when I got home found it has component not composite. I really like the TV though and I am going to keep it and figure out a solution to the stock radio/DVD.

2018 Cherokee 274VFK
2017 F150 2.7L ecoboost
2016 HD Heritage Classic Softail
Soda68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda68 View Post
I am interested in how your swap/install went. Did your new unit still use composite for DVD or did you change out to HDMI?

We just bought our 274VFK and I was surprised that in a 2018 they use composite cables. The TV I bought said it had composite and when I got home found it has component not composite. I really like the TV though and I am going to keep it and figure out a solution to the stock radio/DVD.
Double-check the ports on the TV, it may have both. Sometimes the green of the component is the Yellow of the composite. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	componentcomposite.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	149335  
gadgetgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:56 PM   #10

I used this from amazon--RCA to HDMI, GANA 1080P Mini RCA Composite CVBS AV to HDMI Video...
gilly9751 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio