Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2019, 10:14 AM   #1

Roof Leak - 2017 Wolf Pup 16BHS

Well, its been a few years with the Wolf Pup and we had our first leak last week!

Was out camping with my son and an heavy rainstorm with high winds rolled through. I was sleeping until I felt something... I thought it could just be R-Kelly peeing on me. (insert the "Dave Chapel R-Kelly" parity) Sure enough drip, drip, drip... the ceiling was leaking.

The leak is directly above the queen bed from a seam in the ceiling. Its exactly where the roof meets the front "cap" of the trailer. When I inspected the roof after purchase, I did notice the crap factory job sealing the roof in the front. But no leaks until this big storm.

Im not going to dicor over the seal, instead I purchased some Eterabond tape and cleaner. Will tackle it later today. Any sugestions?

Anyone else with leaks? I may tape some other seals for extra protection while I'm up there.
K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:45 AM   #2

Well, I finally went up on the roof and ran a single strip of Eternabond Tape along the top-front seam. I could tell some of the sealant from the factory was cracking near the edges where the roof meets the rain gutters. Since taping the roof, we have had a multiple good rains, and not a drop inside.
K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:30 PM   #3

Thank you for the followup. I'll have to keep an eye on mine, the factory sealing leaves a bit to be desired.
“Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” - Theodore Roosevelt

TV: 2003 F250 V10 4X4
TT: 2019 Wolf Pup 18TO Black Label
Maticuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, roo, roof, wolf pup