Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2021, 08:18 PM   #1

RV newguy

We got a good deal on a seldom used 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 18TO, after the steep initial learning curve we’ve had it out a total of 18 nights, we like it more every time. There's not a winterization kit on it which is just a T off the water pump, a hose and a cap for using the water pump to pull antifreeze out of it's gallon jug and into the water supply lines. Does this mean we don't need to winterize it, or does it mean I need to have additional plumbing put on it so I can winterize it?
We live in the Atlanta Georgia Area.
Thanks fellow campers, it's nice to have this community!
Keath Bordeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 08:32 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keath Bordeaux View Post
We got a good deal on a little used 18TO, had it out a total of 18 nights, we like it more every time. There's not a winterization kit on it which is just a T off the water pump, a hose and a cap for using the water pump to pull antifreeze out of it's gallon jug and into the lines. Does this mean I don't need to winterize it, or does it mean I need to have additional plumbing put on it so I can winterize it?

Hi and Welcome to FRF.
Since you're asking for model-specific information, it helps if you posted year and make since many FR divisions use the same model numbers.
Just because it doesn't come with a winterizing kit, doesn't mean you don't have to winterize. Many entry level trailers don't come with one.
Also, you may not need to winterize, depending on where you live. But you didn't identity where you live in your profile.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 08:34 PM   #3

Winterizing

Thanks for the quick reply. We live in Atlanta nd it's a Forest River 18TO, built in 2019.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:43 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. We live in Atlanta nd it's a Forest River 18TO, built in 2019.
What division of FR built it?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 08:47 PM   #5

Forest River Wolf Pup 18TO

Cherokee
Old 10-30-2021, 08:53 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Hi and Welcome to FRF.
….
Also, you may not need to winterize, depending on where you live….
Tucker, GA.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 12:38 PM   #7

A couple gallons of antifreeze and the time to run it into your water lines is well worth it if there is any chance at all that you’ll get any weather in the upper 20’s/low 30’s. If your coach has that T on the water line by the pump it is really easy.

Or if you have an air compressor you can buy a “blow out” fitting. That process is really easy and there’s no need to run all the antifreeze it of you water lines in the spring.
Alpha 108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 12:44 PM   #8

Don't forget to drain and bypass your water heater.
DSurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:36 AM   #9

Quote:
We got a good deal on a seldom used 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 18TO, after the steep initial learning curve we’ve had it out a total of 18 nights, we like it more every time. There's not a winterization kit on it which is just a T off the water pump, a hose and a cap for using the water pump to pull antifreeze out of it's gallon jug and into the water supply lines. Does this mean we don't need to winterize it, or does it mean I need to have additional plumbing put on it so I can winterize it?
We live in the Atlanta Georgia Area.

My 2020 Wolf Pup did not come with a winterizing kit on the water pump either. I bought a Camco RV Winterizing kit form Walmart (approx $14). Installation is pretty simple assuming accessibility to the water pump is reasonably easy. My pump is in a compartment under the sink.
Heatheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 10:27 AM   #10

We've got a 2021 18TO, and there are low point drains tucked up underneath on the slide out side. I didn't see them last year until I was almost done winterizing. They are a foot or 2 back from out door shower. Ours is black label version and a year or 2 newer, so perhaps not on yours. I'm in the blow out the lines and no pink stuff except in drains "camp". That's a whole nuther big discussion here LOL. I also forgot first year to remove filter bowl on water pump, luckily it didn't crack but this year I unscrewed and dumped it. Edit to add I'm in northern Michigan so a bit colder than GA!

— Herman Hesse
NCThiker is offline   Reply With Quote