Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2021, 11:46 AM   #1

Rv tools location

Just curious who has a toolbar with things to fix/repair the rv. If so where do you keep it, in the Rv or in the tow vehicle. I keep my tools in the toolbox of the truck, I figure if I have the RV I will have the truck with it. Then i have them other times i may need them.
kevinB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

A complete set of tools are in the toolbox of the truck.

LOTS of other tools (some duplicates of what's in the truck box) are stored various places in the R/V. Things to fix plumbing, electrical and mechanical are in bins in the pass-thru storage. Things like screwdrivers, pliers, meters, tape measure, hammer, etc are all in a drawer inside within quick and easy reach.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:36 PM   #3

My DW say's a tend to be lazy sometimes, I tell her no I don't want to walk 100 steps to get a tool.

In the trailer I have a complete toolset to repair anything in the trailer. This includes any tool that is unique to the trailer such as Roberts’s drivers for Roberts’s fasteners. Open end wrenches in inch and metric size that are common to the trailer. Two adjustable wrenches a 4" and 8". An electrical drill with drills to 1/2' size, a rubber mallet, hammer, two different size pliers, a small 12-point hand saw and electrical tools. This is in the pass thru compartment stored in a tool box.

In the front compartment are fasteners of various sizes and length, wiring components, electrical wire in 14 gauge, with three different colors plus 12volt fuses that fit the trailer. There is a pancake air compressor (165 PSI 6 gallon) with 25' of air hose and chuck, plus a blow off tool. Grease and Silicon spray plus two different sealants for the trailer with a caulk gun.

In a drawer in the trailer there is a multi-tool plus a screw driver with multiply bits and slip joint pliers. Plus, a LED flash light.

The truck has a complete set of tools for the truck only, the only two items that will be used on the trailer are an air gauge and torque wrench.
Old 11-14-2021, 05:10 PM   #4
Trailer Park Supervisor

I keep a tray like the one in the pic on the floor behind driver's seat with my essential tools. At home, it lives in the rolling tool chest in my garage. It's easy to grab and go before a trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12759268_0.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	265755  
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location