Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2017, 10:58 PM   #1

Skylight window

Before I start let me say that in my opinion putting a skylight window in a TT is a stupid idea! With that being said, it had everything else we wanted at the time and in our price range so we bought it. Its a used 2013 Cherokee 294BH. Well this year it has reminded me why its stupid. While I was camping a few states away and no where near a dealership it started leaking. So I got a bowl and caught all the water, and once the rain stopped and everything dried out I got up on the slide out and took a can of FlexSeal Clear and sprayed around the outside edges to try to seal it up. Well it worked for a little bit. We left that campground and went to another in another state for a few days. Guess what started leaking again. So when I got home I removed the dang thing. only to find out that the factory (or whoever installed it) missed half of the frame when they were screwing it together so there was no chance of it having a good seal. I called my local dealer and they told me they have to get with the mfgr to see if they have any left because they don't have any in stock. The dealer called me back and said $121 just for the 40x14 frame and it will take a few weeks to come in. Anyone have any recommendation's on where to get a 40x14 skylight?
woodyw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:51 AM   #2

Sky Light

SKYLIGHTS ARE A JOKE!!! My son stepped through ours at the end of the season last year on my 2017 and it took almost 6 months to get a new one from FR... If you have the dimensions I would recommend looking at this place to get one from this place and it might be cheaper and faster, good luck!!!
EZ Tops World Wide manufacture acrylic and Lexan skylights and domes.
Loda8383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:03 PM   #3

Thanks for the link, but mine is completely flat and glass. Its actually on the main slide out right above the dinette. It looks like a regular window but its 40x14".
woodyw333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, skylight, window