Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2017, 05:52 PM   #1

Slide out leak on new 2018 grey wolf 26dbh

We have a brand-new 2016 BH Graywolf and we haven't even used it yet and the slide out is already leaking. To me it looks like the slide out is off set a little. But I'm not sure why it's leaking. Any thoughts, even though I'm going to take it back to the dealer right away.
mervin139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Is it leaking when it's in or out?
No matter, it could be slightly out of alignment or the seal could be compromised.

Hopefully the dealer will get it fixed quickly.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Is it leaking when it's in or out?
No matter, it could be slightly out of alignment or the seal could be compromised.

Hopefully the dealer will get it fixed quickly.

It leaked when I brought the slide out in from being out in the rain. Wondering if the rubber strip didn't flap correctly. I've tried a couple different times after rain and it's been good. For whatever reason no this time it wasn't. And yeah the dealer will definitely take care of it that's for sure! Thanks for any help
Old 05-21-2017, 09:32 PM   #4

From what I have read here it's a fairly normal occurrence from some water to leak in during the transition when a slide is brought in on a rainy day. I've personally experienced this as well on my new 2017 272RBXL. Base don what others have said I'm not going to worry about it and will be installing a topper soon.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackrat View Post
From what I have read here it's a fairly normal occurrence from some water to leak in during the transition when a slide is brought in on a rainy day. I've personally experienced this as well on my new 2017 272RBXL. Base don what others have said I'm not going to worry about it and will be installing a topper soon.

I wouldn't of worried to much but it leaked a lot of water in. Also I pulled it in after it stopped raining. And what is the topper you're going to install? Sorry to be so bothersome, but this is our first camper as we are newbies.thanks
Old 05-21-2017, 09:42 PM   #6

It could be that your wipers didn't fully turn, but since the rig was probably level, there might have been just enough ponding of the water that it couldn't drain away fast enough. I had enough water come in brining the slide in on a rainy day that I had to put a bath towel on each end of the slide room. I also knocked the trailer off level by raising or lowering the tongue jack to help drain the water off.

I have a Solera awning so I will most likely go with the Solera topper as well. We are new to slide outs as our last camper didn't have them.
It's just another thing we are still getting used to.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:58 PM   #7

Ok thanks a lot. I guess just entails getting your feet wet learning as we go
Old 05-21-2017, 10:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervin139 View Post
Ok thanks a lot. I guess just entails getting your feet wet learning as we go
Sometimes, quite literally. This is what we woke to at Golden Hills State Park a couple weeks ago after 24 hours of straight wind and heavy rain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3915.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	665.0 KB
ID:	138691  
Old 08-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #9

We have a Wildwood X-Lite 230bhxl that also leaks but only when closed. The seal may be damaged from the slide out adjustment that CW did originally. Didn't leak when we brought it home but after camping 2 times the slide out has torn up the seal. At least that's one possibility for the leak. Doesn't leak when open so keep a towel that has to be changed out whenever it rains. Now the issue is getting it fixed. Original dealer in Harrisburg PA says a month and it's 2 and 1/2 hours away. The take it to any CW line that we got when we bought it is "accurate" according to the general manager...they just neglect to mention any other CW dealer doesnt' care how long it would be...we can take it to the Lakewood NJ location in October...whose to say what other damage will occur from the water leak... very frustrating... And we do have a slide topper over the slide out...its closed when the slideout is closed.
mlrxaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #10

To stop the "leak" when bringing the slides in,
I always put the trailer at a slight incline, then bring the slides in so all the water runs off the back.
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervin139 View Post
We have a brand-new 2016 BH Graywolf and we haven't even used it yet and the slide out is already leaking. To me it looks like the slide out is off set a little. But I'm not sure why it's leaking. Any thoughts, even though I'm going to take it back to the dealer right away.
This is normal. You have to dry the slide box off after you bring it in when it is wet.
Make sure the slide box is centered in the slide hole so the wiper seals can get "most" of the water off.
If the slide did not leak while extended during rain, you do not have a leak but you do have water running off the slide box while retracting during rain.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:56 AM   #12

Thanks for the advice. The problem is that it only leaks when it rains, not when we are closing it. When I change out the towel, it is dry unless it rains. Unfortunately, we've had a lot of rain the past few weeks.
mlrxaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrxaide View Post
Thanks for the advice. The problem is that it only leaks when it rains, not when we are closing it. When I change out the towel, it is dry unless it rains. Unfortunately, we've had a lot of rain the past few weeks.
Sorry, I was replying to the OP (original poster)
Can you start a new thread so we can help you with your issue?
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf, leak, slide, slide out