Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #1

Slide out settling in the middle

Just wondering if any one else that owns the grey wolf 28bh has had any problems with their slide out settling in the middle any tearing up the floor whe it is pulled out. When the slide out is pulled in it resting on the floor in the middle portion between the seat for the table and the couch. My dealer is checking into it for me and he is saying this is a new brand of slide outs being used. Just letting you know keep your eyes on this.
Hamblen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:07 AM   #2

What year is your TT? Are they fixing your problem?
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #3

I have a 2012. I spoke to the service dept. at my dealer yesterday and they are still waiting to hear from the factory.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:42 AM   #4

We have a 2011 28BH and the slideout had wore and tore the linolium. AC Nelsons fix was to cut the kick boards up about 3/4" and they replaced the linolium.
Kilowatt9403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #5

So it has been a problem with more trailers, thanks for the reply. Did it turn out looking good? I still haven't heard back on a fix yet. I just want it to look good after it's done.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #6

They did a good job with the replacement of the flooring but I had to have them cut the board under the couch becuase they didn't think that would bother the floor but it was starting to rub.
I also had 2 new axles put on the trailer. I had a tire blow out at about 500 miles and I went to get it replaced and they went right to the axles. Not sure if the camber was off or what but I will post the outcome since I hadn't been out with it since the 2 repairs.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #7

Update after repairs. The slide is still rubbing the floor after 3/4" taken off of the kickboards and frame work. When the slide comes in it doesn't stay at the same heighth when pushed out.
Trailer is back @ AC Nelson for 2nd repair!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #8

Thank you for the update. I still have not got an answer to what they are going to do with mine, but at least I have your info to help me out. Keep me posted. Thank you.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #9

Just wondering if you took your trailer back to get the slide out fixed again? If so what was the outcome?
Old 11-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #10

The Dealer had a factory rep come in and put in a new header underneath the dinette and new kickboards. The header is supposed to be made of a heavy duty laminate like building beams and will support that section from flexing as much. They also repaired the floor a differant way can't see unless you get down to it but they said since the first floor was glued down it would make a mess so they cut out the section and patched it and garranteed that it won't have any wear problems. They did a good job with the patch and if I didn't know where this happened I couldn't tell.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #11

Thank you for the reply. For some reason my dealer is not getting anywhere with it. I am going to call them tommorow and try and get some answers. your info will help me alot. Thank you!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:44 PM   #12

Have them Call AC Nelson out of Omaha Ne. and talk to Jeff in the service department. He worked with them and got them to come out and do well lets just say mine wasn't the only trailer in for the floor repair and header upgrade. They have a website and a 1-800 # to call on there site.
I am not sure why your dealer isn't getting any where with it but mine has proved to be great to work with dispite the poor design of the trailer
Old 12-07-2011, 07:38 AM   #13

Thank you for info on the slide out fix. My dealer said they have three solutions for the fix. They will be fixing it the first of march when it comes out of winter storage. Its nice to have this help from other owners.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #14

Hamblen,
If there solutions is just to trim the kick boards up 3/4 of an inch I would tell them that you want the header upgraded becuase it is flexing. They trimmed mine the first time and called it good and it scarred the new floor in a differant place. Hopefully with the new header in place it took most of the flexing out. I won't know until next season when we start taking it out again.
Good luck and I hope that they get it fixed.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #15

I was told they were not going to trim up the kickboard. The dealer told me forest rivers solution was to replace the kickboard with a stronger or reinforced kickboard. Sounds like a good solution. I am hoping they fix the floor so it does not show a replacement square. We went with the hardwood floor look.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamblen View Post
I was told they were not going to trim up the kickboard. The dealer told me forest rivers solution was to replace the kickboard with a stronger or reinforced kickboard. Sounds like a good solution. I am hoping they fix the floor so it does not show a replacement square. We went with the hardwood floor look.
You're best bet is to be upfront with them and tell them you expect the floor to have a quailty repair and not be pieced together. Usually being firm with them will get you good results.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #17

Oh they know. I was very up front with them when we found this problem three months after we got the trailer.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #18

Hope that everything turns out for you!!!