Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2023, 09:25 AM   #1
HOB

Standard specs

Hello Group
I am looking to buy a storage building for my grey wolf 18RRBL and the factory spec is showing a height of 10.5 feet. Would it be safe to assume that includes the AC unit on the roof?
Harley on board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 10:05 AM   #2

Before I built or purchased any storage for our TT, I would personally measure all aspects of the TT. Height, width, length, etc.

Measure twice and cut once! ASS U ME ?????

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:07 AM   #3
HOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K4TAX View Post
Before I built or purchased any storage for our TT, I would personally measure all aspects of the TT. Height, width, length, etc.

Measure twice and cut once! ASS U ME ?????

Bob
What a great and glib response Bob, thank you for your sarcasm and arrogance. As i have a bit of trouble getting my wheel chair off the ground I thought I might ask others. Perhaps before you respond you should get the facts before you ASS U ME
Harley on board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:11 AM   #4

Geez, sorry to offend you. Certainly was not my intention. However, it was you that wrote "Would it be safe to assume that......."

No, it is never safe to assume published dimensions. Regardless of how it is written.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 12:21 PM   #5

I will agree with Bob on getting measurements. If you are planning on a Steel building, the cheapest and fastest way to go, would be through a company like Carolina Carports. There are many such company’s around the country. My building was erected in 2 days but is very large, 50’X40’x18’. Without concrete, the structure was $31K. I had a small RV structure, roof only, erected in Florida 40’X18’x15’ at a cost of $7K. Depending on future RV purchases, I’d built it as large as I could afford and permitted.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6152.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	283503
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 12:31 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley on board View Post
Hello Group
I am looking to buy a storage building for my grey wolf 18RRBL and the factory spec is showing a height of 10.5 feet. Would it be safe to assume that includes the AC unit on the roof?
NO, it's not safe to assume anything the brochure/online specs say.
Especially in this day and age where the factory has been scrambling for parts and can/will use different models of components to get the product off the assembly line.

So... published specs may be for whatever they WERE using at that time and now, they may be using a different model. I'd only trust something that recently came off the line for a measurement or better yet, wait until you pick up YOUR unit and find a way to get a measurement. Surely the dealer you are/did buy from would climb the ladder and get a measurement for you?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 01:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
NO, it's not safe to assume anything the brochure/online specs say.
Especially in this day and age where the factory has been scrambling for parts and can/will use different models of components to get the product off the assembly line.

So... published specs may be for whatever they WERE using at that time and now, they may be using a different model. I'd only trust something that recently came off the line for a measurement or better yet, wait until you pick up YOUR unit and find a way to get a measurement. Surely the dealer you are/did buy from would climb the ladder and get a measurement for you?

A few years ago we we camped next to a fella with a new fiver. After some small chat he told me he built a storage building for the fiver based on the specs in the brochure. The fiver was 4” too tall to fit through the door!
He was not a happy camper. Fortunately the concrete floor had not yet been poured so he was going to dig out 7” for the tires.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 01:47 PM   #8

I have run into faulty specs and try to verify all measurements on projects. When I get to retire in a couple of years, I would like to build ( or have built ) a storage building for our trailer. I want to have one wide enough so I can open the door, lower the stairs, and put the slide out while still in the building. That way I could service any and all parts of the trailer without worrying about the weather that day.
Best of luck Harley on Board in finding what you want in a storage building.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:58 PM   #9

On my Crusader 260RLD, the spec sheet says 11'6" high.
I measured it at 12'4".

I do not think the spec sheet includes the AC unit or other added items on the roof.
If you add a vent cover, that may change the height as well.

As other said, best to measure actual unit. Maybe you have a nice neighbor that would do the roof climb for you.
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 06:23 PM   #10
Site Team

As your profile indicates you have a 2022 RV, I would assume nothing. All FR ( and likely all mfgrs) literature contains the disclaimer " Specifications subject to change without notice". This is especially true of units built during Covid as many times parts shortages resulted in substitutions.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote